- Types Of Speech
- You can use stone as a noun, adjective satellite or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Stone
- A 1 syllables noun and 5 letters with the letters e, n, o, s, and t, 3 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter o. Stone starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters s, st, sto, ston, and the ending characters are e, ne, one, tone, ..
- Building material consisting of a piece of rock hewn in a definite shape for a special purpose; "he wanted a special stone to mark the site"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Stone is set as a grade one word that starts with s, ends with e, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is stone a scrabble word? A 5 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Stone in Pig Latin is said as "onestay or onestway".
- s | t | o | n | e
- st | to | on | ne
- sto | ton | one
- ston | tone
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- building material consisting of a piece of rock hewn in a definite shape for a special purpose;
"he wanted a special stone to mark the site"
- a lack of feeling or expression or movement;
"he must have a heart of stone";
"her face was as hard as stone"
- a lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter;
"he threw a rock at me"
- United States architect (1902-1978)
- United States jurist who served on the United States Supreme Court as Chief Justice (1872-1946)
- United States journalist who advocated liberal causes (1907-1989)
- United States feminist and suffragist (1818-1893)
- United States filmmaker (born in 1946)
- the hard inner (usually woody) layer of the pericarp of some fruits (as peaches or plums or cherries or olives) that contains the seed;
"you should remove the stones from prunes before cooking"
- an avoirdupois unit used to measure the weight of a human body;
equal to 14 pounds;
"a heavy chap who must have weighed more than twenty stone"
- material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth's crust;
"that mountain is solid rock";
"stone is abundant in New England and there are many quarries"
- a crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry;
"he had the gem set in a ring for his wife";
"she had jewels made of all the rarest stones"
- Verb Examples
- remove the pits from;
"pit plums and cherries"
- kill by throwing stones at;
"Adulterers should be stoned according to the Koran"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- of any of various dull tannish-gray colors
|AA||an associate degree in arts|
|Acorn||fruit of the oak tree: a smooth thin-walled nut in a woody cup-shaped base|
|Adamant||very hard native crystalline carbon valued as a gem|
|Adamantine||not capable of being swayed or diverted from a course|
unsusceptible to persuasion
"he is adamant in his refusal to change his mind"
"Cynthia was inexorable
she would have none of him"- W.Churchill
"an intransigent conservative opposed to every libera
used in hot dry climates
|Agate||an impure form of quartz consisting of banded chalcedony|
used as a gemstone and for making mortars and pestles
|Alexandrite||a green variety of chrysoberyl used as a gemstone|
View all cognitive synonyms for Stone
|Onset||(military) an offensive against an enemy (using weapons)|
"the attack began at dawn"
|Stone||building material consisting of a piece of rock hewn in a definite shape for a special purpose|
"he wanted a special stone to mark the site"
|Seton||United States religious leader who was the first person born in the United States to be canonized (1774-1821)|
View English words with the unique letters used in stone. Words With The Letters Enost
|Ashlar||a rectangular block of hewn stone used for building purposes|
|Capstone||a stone that forms the top of wall or building|
|Copestone||a stone that forms the top of wall or building|
|Cornerstone||a stone at the outer corner of two intersecting masonry walls|
|Gravestone||a stone that is used to mark a grave|
|Grindstone||a revolving stone shaped like a disk;|
used to grind or sharpen or polish edge tools
|Headstone||a stone that is used to mark a grave|
View All Hyponyms For Stone
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Onset (5 letters)||5||6||enost|
|Contest (7 letters)||9 +4||11 +5||contest|
|Stetson (7 letters)||7 +2||8 +2||stetson|
|Soutane (7 letters)||7 +2||9 +3||soutane|
|Stone (5 letters)||5||6||enost|
|Sonnet (6 letters)||6 +1||8 +2||sonnet|
|Consent (7 letters)||9 +4||12 +6||consent|
|Seton (5 letters)||5||6||enost|
|Weston (6 letters)||9 +4||10 +4||weston|
|Boneset (7 letters)||9 +4||11 +5||beenost|
|Ventose (7 letters)||10 +5||12 +6||ventose|
|Set On (6 letters)|
|Contuse (7 letters)||9 +4||12 +6||contuse|
|Stoned (6 letters)||7 +2||8 +2||stoned|
|Tenuous (7 letters)||7 +2||10 +4||tenuous|
|Soonest (7 letters)||7 +2||8 +2||soonest|
|Setdown (7 letters)||11 +6||12 +6||setdown|
|Not Use (7 letters)|
|Twoness (7 letters)||10 +5||11 +5||enosstw|
|Ostent (6 letters)||6 +1||7 +1||ostent|
|Tenso (5 letters)||5||6||enost|
|Not See (7 letters)|
|Notes (5 letters)||5||6||enost|
|Syntone (7 letters)||10 +5||11 +5||ennosty|
|Contes (6 letters)||8 +3||10 +4||cenost|
Stone Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With S
- Ends With E
- Spelled With / Contains Letters