- Types Of Speech
- You can use straw as a noun, adjective satellite or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Straw
- A 1 syllables noun and 5 letters with the letters a, r, s, t, and w, 4 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter r. Straw starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters s, st, str, stra, and the ending characters are w, aw, raw, traw, ..
- A thin paper or plastic tube used to such liquids into the mouth
- Old English
- School Grade
- Straw is set as a grade three word that starts with s, ends with w, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is straw a scrabble word? A 8 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Straw in Pig Latin is said as "awstray or awstrway".
- s | t | r | a | w
- st | tr | ra | aw
- str | tra | raw
- stra | traw
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a thin paper or plastic tube used to such liquids into the mouth
- a yellow tint;
yellow diluted with white
- material consisting of seed coverings and small pieces of stem or leaves that have been separated from the seeds
- plant fiber used e.g. for making baskets and hats or as fodder
- Verb Examples
- spread by scattering ("straw" is archaic);
"strew toys all over the carpet"
- cover or provide with or as if with straw;
"cows were strawed to weather the snowstorm"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- of a pale yellow color like straw;
|Afterglow||the pleasure of remembering some pleasant event|
"he basked in the afterglow of his victory"
|Afterimage||an image (usually a negative image) that persists after stimulation has ceased|
|Aftersensation||an image (usually a negative image) that persists after stimulation has ceased|
|Air||travel via aircraft|
"air travel involves too much waiting in airports"
"if you''ve time to spare go by air"
|Amber||a deep yellow color|
"an amber light illuminated the room"
"he admired the gold of her hair"
|Ambo||a platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it|
View all cognitive synonyms for Straw
|Straw||a thin paper or plastic tube used to such liquids into the mouth|
|Swart||naturally having skin of a dark color|
"a dark-skinned beauty"
"gold earrings gleamed against her dusky cheeks"
"a smile on his swarthy face"
"`swart'' is archaic"
View English words with the unique letters used in straw. Words With The Letters Arstw
|Tube||electric underground railway|
|Tubing||conduit consisting of a long hollow object (usually cylindrical) used to hold and conduct objects or liquids or gases|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Straw (5 letters)||8||8||straw|
|Swart (5 letters)||8||8||straw|
|Swartz (6 letters)||18 +10||18 +10||swartz|
Straw Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With S
- Ends With W
- Spelled With / Contains Letters