- Types Of Speech
- You can use strike as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Strike
- A 1 syllables noun and 6 letters with the letters e, i, k, r, s, and t, 4 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters ri. Strike starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters s, st, str, stri, strik, and the ending characters are e, ke, ike, rike, trike, ..
- A conspicuous success; "that song was his first hit and marked the beginning of his career"; "that new Broadway show is a real smasher"; "the party went with a bang"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Strike is set as a grade four word that starts with s, ends with e, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 6 letters.
- Is strike a scrabble word? A 10 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Strike in Pig Latin is said as "ikestray or ikestrway".
- s | t | r | i | k | e
- st | tr | ri | ik | ke
- str | tri | rik | ike
- stri | trik | rike
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a conspicuous success;
"that song was his first hit and marked the beginning of his career";
"that new Broadway show is a real smasher";
"the party went with a bang"
- a pitch that is in the strike zone and that the batter does not hit;
"this pitcher throws more strikes than balls"
- a score in tenpins: knocking down all ten with the first ball;
"he finished with three strikes in the tenth frame"
- an attack that is intended to seize or inflict damage on or destroy an objective;
"the strike was scheduled to begin at dawn"
- a group's refusal to work in protest against low pay or bad work conditions;
"the strike lasted more than a month before it was settled"
- a gentle blow
- Verb Examples
- cause to form between electrodes of an arc lamp;
"strike an arc"
- arrive at after reckoning, deliberating, and weighing;
"strike a balance";
"strike a bargain"
- indicate (a certain time) by striking;
"The clock struck midnight";
"Just when I entered, the clock struck"
- make a strategic, offensive, assault against an enemy, opponent, or a target;
"The Germans struck Poland on Sept. 1, 1939";
"We must strike the enemy's oil fields";
"in the fifth inning, the Giants struck, sending three runners home to win the game 5 to
- affect or afflict suddenly, usually adversely;
"We were hit by really bad weather";
"He was stricken with cancer when he was still a teenager";
"The earthquake struck at midnight"
- produce by manipulating keys or strings of musical instruments, also metaphorically;
"The pianist strikes a middle C";
"strike `z' on the keyboard";
"her comments struck a sour note"
- pierce with force;
"The bullet struck her thigh";
"The icy wind struck through our coats"
- hit against;
come into sudden contact with;
"The car hit a tree";
"He struck the table with his elbow"
- smooth with a strickle;
"strickle the grain in the measure"
- deliver a sharp blow, as with the hand, fist, or weapon;
"The teacher struck the child";
"the opponent refused to strike";
"The boxer struck the attacker dead"
- remove by erasing or crossing out;
"Please strike this remark from the record"
- form by stamping, punching, or printing;
"strike a medal"
- produce by ignition or a blow;
"strike fire from the flintstone";
"strike a match"
- have an emotional or cognitive impact upon;
"This child impressed me as unusually mature";
"This behavior struck me as odd"
- occupy or take on;
"He assumes the lotus position";
"She took her seat on the stage";
"We took our seats in the orchestra";
"She took up her position behind the tree";
"strike a pose"
- drive something violently into a location;
"he hit his fist on the table";
"she struck her head on the low ceiling"
- cause to experience suddenly;
"Panic struck me";
"An interesting idea hit her";
"A thought came to me";
"The thought struck terror in our minds";
"They were struck with fear"
- find unexpectedly;
"the archeologists chanced upon an old tomb";
"she struck a goldmine";
"The hikers finally struck the main path to the lake"
- stop work in order to press demands;
"The auto workers are striking for higher wages";
"The employees walked out when their demand for better benefits was not met"
"The horse finally struck a pace"
- touch or seem as if touching visually or audibly;
"Light fell on her face";
"The sun shone on the fields";
"The light struck the golden necklace";
"A strange sound struck my ears"
|Abase||cause to feel shame|
hurt the pride of
"He humiliated his colleague by criticising him in front of the boss"
"Abbreviate `New York'' and write `NY''"
|Abide||put up with something or somebody unpleasant|
"I cannot bear his constant criticism"
"The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"
"he learned to tolerate the heat"
"She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
|Abrade||strike against an object|
"She stubbed her one''s toe in the dark and now it''s broken"
|Abridge||reduce in scope while retaining essential elements|
"The manuscript must be shortened"
|Abruptly||quickly and without warning|
"he stopped suddenly"
|Accelerator||a valve that regulates the supply of fuel to the engine|
|Accident||anything that happens by chance without an apparent cause|
|Accidentally||without advance planning|
"they met accidentally"
View all cognitive synonyms for Strike
|Strike||a conspicuous success|
"that song was his first hit and marked the beginning of his career"
"that new Broadway show is a real smasher"
"the party went with a bang"
View English words with the unique letters used in strike. Words With The Letters Eikrst
|Success||an attainment that is successful|
"his success in the marathon was unexpected"
"his new play was a great success"
|Blockbuster||an unsually successful hit with widespread popularity and huge sales (especially a movie or play or recording or novel)|
|Megahit||an unsually successful hit with widespread popularity and huge sales (especially a movie or play or recording or novel)|
|Sleeper||an unexpected hit;|
"that movie was the sleeper of the summer"
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Strike (6 letters)||10||10||krseti|
|Sticker (7 letters)||13 +3||14 +4||sticker|
|Striker (7 letters)||11 +1||11 +1||striker|
|Keister (7 letters)||11 +1||11 +1||keister|
|Asterisk (8 letters)||12 +2||12 +2||asterisk|
|Brisket (7 letters)||13 +3||14 +4||brisket|
|Skirret (7 letters)||11 +1||11 +1||striker|
|Rickets (7 letters)||13 +3||14 +4||sticker|
|Skitter (7 letters)||11 +1||11 +1||skitter|
|Tricky (6 letters)||15 +5||15 +5||tricky|
|Skittery (8 letters)||15 +5||14 +4||skittery|
|Skirted (7 letters)||12 +2||12 +2||skirted|
Strike Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With S
- Ends With E
- Spelled With / Contains Letters