- Types Of Speech
- You can use tack as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Tack
- A 1 syllables noun and 4 letters with the letters a, c, k, and t, 3 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters ac. Tack starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters t, ta, tac, and the ending characters are k, ck, ack, ..
- Sailing a zigzag course
- School Grade
- Tack is set as a kindergarten word that starts with t, ends with k, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is tack a scrabble word? A 10 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Tack in Pig Latin is said as "acktay or acktway".
- t | a | c | k
- ta | ac | ck
- tac | ack
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- sailing a zigzag course
- (nautical) the act of changing tack
- (nautical) a line (rope or chain) that regulates the angle at which a sail is set in relation to the wind
- gear for a horse
- a short nail with a sharp point and a large head
- the heading or position of a vessel relative to the trim of its sails
- Verb Examples
- reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action)
- fix to;
"append a charm to the necklace"
- sew together loosely, with large stitches;
"baste a hem"
- fasten with tacks;
"tack the notice on the board"
- make by putting pieces together;
"She pieced a quilt";
"He tacked together some verses"
- turn into the wind;
"The sailors decided to tack the boat";
"The boat tacked"
|Aberrance||a state or condition markedly different from the norm|
|Aberrancy||a state or condition markedly different from the norm|
|Aberration||an optical phenomenon resulting from the failure of a lens or mirror to produce a good image|
|Add||a condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders|
|Adjustment||the act of making something different (as e.g. the size of a garment)|
|Affix||a linguistic element added to a word to produce an inflected or derived form|
|Agency||how a result is obtained or an end is achieved|
"a means of control"
"an example is the best agency of instruction"
"the true way to success"
|Algorithm||a precise rule (or set of rules) specifying how to solve some problem|
View all cognitive synonyms for Tack
|Tack||sailing a zigzag course|
View English words with the unique letters used in tack. Words With The Letters Ackt
|Sailing||the departure of a vessel from a port|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Attack (6 letters)||12 +2||13 +2||attack|
|Tack (4 letters)||10||11||tack|
|Tacky (5 letters)||14 +4||14 +3||tacky|
Tack Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With T
- Ends With K
- Spelled With / Contains Letters