- Types Of Speech
- You can use tan as a noun, adjective satellite or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Tan
- A 1 syllables noun and 3 letters with the letters a, n, and t, 2 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter a. Tan starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters t, ta, and the ending characters are n, an, ..
- A light brown
- School Grade
- Tan is set as a kindergarten word that starts with t, ends with n, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 3 letters.
- Is tan a scrabble word? A 3 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Tan in Pig Latin is said as "antay or antway".
- t | a | n
- ta | an
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a light brown
- ratio of the opposite to the adjacent side of a right-angled triangle
- a browning of the skin resulting from exposure to the rays of the sun
- Verb Examples
- get a tan, from wind or sun
- treat skins and hides with tannic acid so as to convert them into leather
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- of a light yellowish-brown color
|Apparel||clothing in general|
"she was refined in her choice of apparel"
"he always bought his clothes at the same store"
"fastidious about his dress"
"dress my hair for the wedding"
|Beige||a very light brown|
|Biff||(boxing) a blow with the fist|
"I gave him a clout on his nose"
|Bronze||a sculpture made of bronze|
|Brown||a university in Rhode Island|
|Brownish||of a color similar to that of wood or earth|
View all cognitive synonyms for Tan
|Ant||social insect living in organized colonies|
characteristically the males and fertile queen have wings during breeding season
wingless sterile females are the workers
|Tan||a light brown|
View English words with the unique letters used in tan. Words With The Letters Ant
View All Names For Tan
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Taunt (5 letters)||5 +2||7 +3||anttu|
|Ant (3 letters)||3||4||ant|
|Tuna (4 letters)||4 +1||6 +2||aunt|
|Tan (3 letters)||3||4||ant|
|Vaunt (5 letters)||8 +5||11 +7||vaunt|
|Want (4 letters)||7 +4||8 +4||want|
|Aunt (4 letters)||4 +1||6 +2||aunt|
|Aunty (5 letters)||8 +5||9 +5||aunty|
|Natta (5 letters)||5 +2||6 +2||aantt|
|Tawny (5 letters)||11 +8||11 +7||tawny|
|Natty (5 letters)||8 +5||8 +4||natty|
|Autun (5 letters)||5 +2||8 +4||antuu|
Tan Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With T
- Ends With N
- Spelled With / Contains Letters