- Types Of Speech
- You can use thin as a article, adverb, adjective satellite or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Thin
- A 1 syllables article and 4 letters with the letters h, i, n, and t, 3 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters hi. Thin starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters t, th, thi, and the ending characters are n, in, hin, ..
- Take off weight
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Thin is set as a kindergarten word that starts with t, ends with n, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is thin a scrabble word? A 7 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Thin in Pig Latin is said as "inthay or inthway".
- t | h | i | n
- th | hi | in
- thi | hin
- Word Gram
- Verb Examples
- take off weight
- lessen the strength or flavor of a solution or mixture;
- make thin or thinner;
"thin the solution"
- lose thickness;
become thin or thinner
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- not dense;
"a thin beard";
"trees were sparse"
- lacking spirit or sincere effort;
"a thin smile"
- having little substance or significance;
"a flimsy excuse";
"a tenuous argument";
"a thin plot"
- very narrow;
"a thin line across the page"
- Article Examples
- lacking excess flesh;
"you can't be too rich or too thin";
"Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look"-Shakespeare
- (of sound) lacking resonance or volume;
"a thin feeble cry"
- of relatively small extent from one surface to the opposite or in cross section;
"a thin chiffon blouse";
"a thin book";
"a thin layer of paint"
- relatively thin in consistency or low in density;
"air is thin at high altitudes";
"a thin soup";
"skimmed milk is much thinner than whole milk";
- Adverb Examples
- without viscosity;
"the blood was flowing thin"
|Abase||cause to feel shame|
hurt the pride of
"He humiliated his colleague by criticising him in front of the boss"
|Abash||cause to be embarrassed|
cause to feel self-conscious
|Abate||become less in amount or intensity|
"The storm abated"
"The rain let up after a few hours"
"Abbreviate `New York'' and write `NY''"
|Abrade||strike against an object|
"She stubbed her one''s toe in the dark and now it''s broken"
|Abridge||reduce in scope while retaining essential elements|
"The manuscript must be shortened"
|Abstainer||a person who refrains from drinking intoxicating beverages|
|Abstemious||sparing in consumption of especially food and drink|
"the pleasures of the table, never of much consequence to one naturally abstemious"- John Galsworthy
|Abstract||a concept or idea not associated with any specific instance|
"he loved her only in the abstract--not in person"
|Abstraction||a general concept formed by extracting common features from specific examples|
View all cognitive synonyms for Thin
|Gain||the amount of increase in signal power or voltage or current expressed as the ratio of output to input|
|Hint||an indication of potential opportunity|
"he got a tip on the stock market"
"a good lead for a job"
|Thin||take off weight|
View English words with the unique letters used in thin. Words With The Letters Hint
|Reducing||loss of excess weight (as by dieting)|
"a doctor supervised her reducing"
|Turn||taking a short walk out and back|
"we took a turn in the park"
View All Names For Thin
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Thing (5 letters)||9 +2||10 +3||night|
|Chintz (6 letters)||20 +13||21 +14||chintz|
|Hint (4 letters)||7||7||thin|
|Tahini (6 letters)||9 +2||9 +2||tahini|
|Zenith (6 letters)||18 +11||18 +11||zenith|
|Night (5 letters)||9 +2||10 +3||night|
|Ithunn (6 letters)||9 +2||11 +4||ithunn|
|Henbit (6 letters)||11 +4||12 +5||henbit|
|Ninth (5 letters)||8 +1||9 +2||hinnt|
|Chitin (6 letters)||11 +4||12 +5||chitin|
|Thin (4 letters)||7||7||thin|
|Whiten (6 letters)||12 +5||12 +5||whiten|
|Ethnic (6 letters)||11 +4||12 +5||ethnic|
|Within (6 letters)||12 +5||12 +5||within|
|Hating (6 letters)||10 +3||11 +4||hating|
|Hinted (6 letters)||10 +3||10 +3||hinted|
Thin Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With T
- Ends With N
- Spelled With / Contains Letters