- Types Of Speech
- You can use wood as a noun in a sentence.
- About Wood
- A 1 syllables noun and 4 letters with the letters d, o, and w, 2 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters oo. Wood starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters w, wo, woo, and the ending characters are d, od, ood, . Wood is also a double vowel (oo) word. View the double vowel words list.
- A golf club with a long shaft used to hit long shots; originally made with a wooden head; metal woods are now available
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Wood is set as a kindergarten word that starts with w, ends with d, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is wood a scrabble word? A 8 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Wood in Pig Latin is said as "oodway or oodwway".
- w | o | o | d
- wo | oo | od
- woo | ood
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a golf club with a long shaft used to hit long shots;
originally made with a wooden head;
metal woods are now available
- any wind instrument other than the brass instruments
- the trees and other plants in a large densely wooded area
- United States painter noted for works based on life in the Midwest (1892-1942)
- English writer of novels about murders and thefts and forgeries (1814-1887)
- English conductor (1869-1944)
- United States film actress (1938-1981)
- the hard fibrous lignified substance under the bark of trees
|Acacia||any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia|
|Afforestation||the conversion of bare or cultivated land into forest (originally for the purpose of hunting)|
|Alder||north temperate shrubs or trees having toothed leaves and conelike fruit|
bark is used in tanning and dyeing and the rot-resistant wood
|Arboretum||a facility where trees and shrubs are cultivated for exhibition|
|Ash||any of various deciduous pinnate-leaved ornamental or timber trees of the genus Fraxinus|
|Backlog||an accumulation of jobs not done or materials not processed that are yet to be dealt with (especially unfilled customer orders for products or services)|
View all cognitive synonyms for Wood
|Wood||a golf club with a long shaft used to hit long shots|
originally made with a wooden head
metal woods are now available
View English words with the unique letters used in wood. Words With The Letters Dow
|Club||a spot that is open late at night and that provides entertainment (as singers or dancers) as well as dancing and food and drink|
"don''t expect a good meal at a cabaret"
"the gossip columnist got his information by visiting nightclubs every night"
|Brassie||(formerly) a golfing wood with a face more elevated that a driver but less than a spoon|
|Driver||a golf club (a wood) with a near vertical face that is used for hitting long shots from the tee|
|Number One Wood|
|Spoon||a piece of cutlery with a shallow bowl-shaped container and a handle;|
used to stir or serve or take up food
View All Names For Wood
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|CD WO (5 letters)|
|Wood (4 letters)||8||8||wood|
|Dowdy (5 letters)||13 +5||12 +4||dowdy|
|Woad (4 letters)||8||8||adow|
|Woody (5 letters)||12 +4||11 +3||woody|
|Dow (3 letters)||7||7||dow|
Wood Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With W
- Ends With D
- Spelled With / Contains Letters