- Types Of Speech
- You can use yesterday as a noun or as a adverb in a sentence.
- About Yesterday
- A 3 syllables noun and 9 letters with the letters a, d, e, r, s, t, and y, 6 consonants, 3 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letter e. Yesterday starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters y, ye, yes, yest, yeste, and the ending characters are y, ay, day, rday, erday, ..
- The day immediately before today; "it was in yesterday''s newspapers"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Yesterday is set as a grade three word that starts with y, ends with y, 3 syllables, 3 vowels and 9 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Yesterday in Pig Latin is said as "yesterdayay or yesterdayway".
- y | e | s | t | e | r | d | a | y
- ye | es | st | te | er | rd | da | ay
- yes | est | ste | ter | erd | rda | day
- yest | este | ster | terd | erda | rday
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the day immediately before today;
"it was in yesterday's newspapers"
- the recent past;
"yesterday's solutions are not good enough";
"we shared many yesterdays"
- Adverb Examples
- on the day preceding today;
"yesterday the weather was beautiful"
- in the recent past;
only a short time ago;
"I was not born yesterday!"
|Antecedently||at an earlier time or formerly|
"she had previously lived in Chicago"
"he was previously president of a bank"
"better than anything previously proposed"
"a previously unquestioned attitude"
|At One Time|
|Before||earlier in time|
"I had known her before"
"as I said before"
"he called me the day before but your call had come even earlier"
"her parents had died four years earlier"
"I mentioned that problem earlier"
|Days Gone By|
View all cognitive synonyms for Yesterday
|Yesterday||the day immediately before today|
"it was in yesterday''s newspapers"
View English words with the unique letters used in yesterday. Words With The Letters Adersty
|Day||United States writer best known for his autobiographical works (1874-1935)|
|Mean Solar Day|
|Twenty Four Hours|
Yesterday Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With Y
- Ends With Y
- Spelled With / Contains Letters