- Types Of Speech
- You can use alliteration as a noun in a sentence.
- About Alliteration
- A 5 syllables noun and 12 letters with the letters a, e, i, l, n, o, r, and t, 6 consonants, 6 vowels and 5 syllables with the middle letters er. Alliteration starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters a, al, all, alli, allit, and the ending characters are n, on, ion, tion, ation, . Alliteration is also a double consonant (ll) word. View the double consonant words list.
- Use of the same consonant at the beginning of each stressed syllable in a line of verse; "around the rock the ragged rascal ran"
- Compound Words
- A compound word, alliteration has more than one word within it. There's 2 words which are all, and iteration.
- School Grade
- Alliteration is set as a grade eight word that starts with a, ends with n, 5 syllables, 6 vowels and 12 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Alliteration in Pig Latin is said as "alliterationay or alliterationway".
- a | l | l | i | t | e | r | a | t | i | o | n
- al | ll | li | it | te | er | ra | at | ti | io | on
- all | lli | lit | ite | ter | era | rat | ati | tio | ion
- alli | llit | lite | iter | tera | erat | rati | atio | tion
- Word Gram
|Assonance||the repetition of similar vowels in the stressed syllables of successive words|
|Bell||a percussion instrument consisting of vertical metal tubes of different lengths that are struck with a hammer|
|Chime||a percussion instrument consisting of vertical metal tubes of different lengths that are struck with a hammer|
|Clink||a correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence)|
|Consonance||the repetition of consonants (or consonant patterns) especially at the ends of words|
|Ding||go `ding dong'', like a bell|
|Dingdong||go `ding dong'', like a bell|
|Doggerel||a comic verse of irregular measure|
"he had heard some silly doggerel that kept running through his mind"
View all cognitive synonyms for Alliteration
|Alliteration||use of the same consonant at the beginning of each stressed syllable in a line of verse|
"around the rock the ragged rascal ran"
View English words with the unique letters used in alliteration. Words With The Letters Aeilnort
|Alliterate||use alliteration as a form of poetry|
Alliteration Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With A
- Ends With N