- Types Of Speech
- You can use altogether as a noun or as a adverb in a sentence.
- About Altogether
- A 4 syllables noun and 10 letters with the letters a, e, g, h, l, o, r, and t, 6 consonants, 4 vowels and 4 syllables with the middle letters ge. Altogether starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters a, al, alt, alto, altog, and the ending characters are r, er, her, ther, ether, ..
- Informal terms for nakedness; "in the raw"; "in the altogether"; "in his birthday suit"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Altogether is set as a grade six word that starts with a, ends with r, 4 syllables, 4 vowels and 10 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Altogether in Pig Latin is said as "altogetheray or altogetherway".
- a | l | t | o | g | e | t | h | e | r
- al | lt | to | og | ge | et | th | he | er
- alt | lto | tog | oge | get | eth | the | her
- alto | ltog | toge | oget | geth | ethe | ther
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- informal terms for nakedness;
"in the raw";
"in the altogether";
"in his birthday suit"
- Adverb Examples
- to a complete degree or to the full or entire extent (`whole' is often used informally for `wholly');
"he was wholly convinced";
"entirely satisfied with the meal";
"it was completely different from what we expected";
"was completely at fault";
- with everything included or counted;
"altogether he earns close to a million dollars"
- with everything considered (and neglecting details);
"altogether, I'm sorry it happened";
"all in all, it's not so bad"
|About||(of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct|
"lasted approximately an hour"
"in just about a minute"
"he''s about 30 years old"
"I''ve had about all I can stand"
"we meet about once a month"
"some forty people came"
"weighs around a hundre
|Above||appearing earlier in the same text|
"flaws in the above interpretation"
|Absolutely||totally and definitely|
"we are absolutely opposed to the idea"
"he forced himself to lie absolutely still"
"iron is absolutely necessary"
|Abusive||characterized by physical or psychological maltreatment|
"argued...that foster homes are abusive"
|Across The Board|
|Addition||the act of adding one thing to another|
"the addition of flowers created a pleasing effect"
"the addition of a leap day every four years"
|Additionally||by way of addition|
"he serves additionally as the CEO"
|Adolescent||a juvenile between the onset of puberty and maturity|
|Aflare||streaming or flapping or spreading wide as if in a current of air|
"ran quickly, her flaring coat behind her"
"flags waving in the breeze"
"she tried again"
"they rehearsed the scene again"
View all cognitive synonyms for Altogether
|Altogether||informal terms for nakedness|
"in the raw"
"in the altogether"
"in his birthday suit"
View English words with the unique letters used in altogether. Words With The Letters Aeghlort
Altogether Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With A
- Ends With R
- Spelled With / Contains Letters