- Types Of Speech
- You can use right as a article, noun, adverb, adjective satellite or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Right
- A 1 syllables article and 5 letters with the letters g, h, i, r, and t, 4 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter g. Right starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters r, ri, rig, righ, and the ending characters are t, ht, ght, ight, ..
- A turn to the right; "take a right at the corner"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Right is set as a kindergarten word that starts with r, ends with t, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is right a scrabble word? A 9 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Right in Pig Latin is said as "ightray or ightrway".
- r | i | g | h | t
- ri | ig | gh | ht
- rig | igh | ght
- righ | ight
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a turn to the right;
"take a right at the corner"
- the piece of ground in the outfield on the catcher's right
- anything in accord with principles of justice;
"he feels he is in the right";
"the rightfulness of his claim"
- an abstract idea of that which is due to a person or governmental body by law or tradition or nature;
"they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights";
"Certain rights can never be granted to the government but must be kept in the hands
- the hand that is on the right side of the body;
"he writes with his right hand but pitches with his left";
"hit him with quick rights to the body"
- those who support political or social or economic conservatism;
those who believe that things are better left unchanged
- location near or direction toward the right side;
i.e. the side to the south when a person or object faces east;
"he stood on the right"
- (frequently plural) the interest possessed by law or custom in some intangible thing;
- Verb Examples
- make right or correct;
"Correct the mistakes";
"rectify the calculation"
- regain an upright or proper position;
"The capsized boat righted again"
- put in or restore to an upright position;
"They righted the sailboat that had capsized"
- make reparations or amends for;
"right a wrongs done to the victims of the Holocaust"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- appropriate for a condition or occasion;
"everything in its proper place";
"the right man for the job";
"she is not suitable for the position"
- most suitable or right for a particular purpose;
"a good time to plant tomatoes";
"the right time to act";
"the time is ripe for great sociological changes"
- having the axis perpendicular to the base;
"a right angle"
- socially right or correct;
"it isn't right to leave the party without saying goodbye";
- in accord with accepted standards of usage or procedure;
"what's the right word for this?";
"the right way to open oysters"
- in or into a satisfactory condition;
"things are right again now";
"put things right"
- Article Examples
- free from error;
especially conforming to fact or truth;
"the correct answer";
"the correct version";
"the right answer";
"took the right road";
"the right decision"
- correct in opinion or judgment;
"time proved him right"
- of or belonging to the political or intellectual right
- being or located on or directed toward the side of the body to the east when facing north;
"my right hand";
"right center field";
"a right-hand turn";
"the right bank of a river is the bank on your right side when you are facing downstream"
- in conformance with justice or law or morality;
"do the right thing and confess"
- Adverb Examples
- (Southern regional intensive) very;
"the baby is mighty cute";
"he's mighty tired";
"it is powerful humid";
"that boy is powerful big now";
"they have a right nice place"
"he fell flop on his face"
"she called right after dinner"
- an interjection expressing agreement
- in the right manner;
"please do your job properly!";
"can't you carry me decent?"
- in a correct manner;
"he guessed right"
- precisely, exactly;
"stand right here!"
"she felt right at home";
"he fell right into the trap"
- in accordance with moral or social standards;
"that serves him right";
"do right by him"
- toward or on the right;
also used figuratively;
"he looked right and left";
"the party has moved right"
|Ably||in a competent capable manner|
"they worked competently"
|Aboveboard||without concealment or deception|
"their business was open and aboveboard"
"straightforward in all his business affairs"
|Absolute||something that is conceived to be absolute|
something that does not depends on anything else and is beyond human control
"no mortal being can influence the absolute"
|Absolutely||totally and definitely|
"we are absolutely opposed to the idea"
"he forced himself to lie absolutely still"
"iron is absolutely necessary"
|Absoluteness||the quality of being absolute|
"the absoluteness of the Pope''s decree could not be challenged"
|Absolutism||the doctrine of an absolute being|
|Acceptable||worthy of acceptance or satisfactory|
"acceptable levels of radiation"
"performances varied from acceptable to excellent"
|Accepted||generally approved or compelling recognition|
"several accepted techniques for treating the condition"
"his recognized superiority in this kind of work"
View all cognitive synonyms for Right
|Right||a turn to the right|
"take a right at the corner"
|Girth||stable gear consisting of a band around a horse''s belly that holds the saddle in place|
View English words with the unique letters used in right. Words With The Letters Ghirt
|Turn||taking a short walk out and back|
"we took a turn in the park"
|Turning||act of changing in practice or custom|
"the law took many turnings over the years"
View All Names For Right
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Right (5 letters)||9||9||right|
|Freight (7 letters)||14 +5||14 +5||freight|
|Girth (5 letters)||9||9||right|
|Fighter (7 letters)||14 +5||14 +5||freight|
|Fright (6 letters)||13 +4||13 +4||fright|
|Wright (6 letters)||13 +4||13 +4||wright|
|Guthrie (7 letters)||11 +2||12 +3||guthrie|
|Eighter (7 letters)||11 +2||11 +2||eighter|
|Bright (6 letters)||12 +3||13 +4||bright|
|Aright (6 letters)||10 +1||10 +1||aright|
Right Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With R
- Ends With T
- Spelled With / Contains Letters