- Types Of Speech
- You can use straight as a article, noun, adverb or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Straight
- A 1 syllables article and 8 letters with the letters a, g, h, i, r, s, and t, 6 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters ai. Straight starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters s, st, str, stra, strai, and the ending characters are t, ht, ght, ight, aight, ..
- A straight segment of a roadway or racecourse
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Straight is set as a grade seven word that starts with s, ends with t, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 8 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Straight in Pig Latin is said as "aightstray or aightstrway".
- s | t | r | a | i | g | h | t
- st | tr | ra | ai | ig | gh | ht
- str | tra | rai | aig | igh | ght
- stra | trai | raig | aigh | ight
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a straight segment of a roadway or racecourse
- a poker hand with 5 consecutive cards (regardless of suit)
- Adjective Satellite Examples
in keeping with the facts;
"set the record straight";
"made sure the facts were straight in the report"
- successive (without a break);
"sick for five straight days"
- rigidly conventional or old-fashioned
- following a correct or logical method;
- reliable in matters of fact;
"he was always straight with me"
- without water;
"took his whiskey neat"
- accurately fitted;
"the window frame isn't quite true"
- characterized by honesty and fairness;
"a square deal";
"wanted to do the square thing"
- erect in posture;
"behind him sat old man Arthur;
he was straight with something angry in his attitude";
"stood defiantly with unbowed back"
- neatly arranged;
"the room is straight now"
- Article Examples
- (of hair) having no waves or curls;
"her naturally straight hair hung long and silky"
- having no deviations;
"straight roads across the desert";
- without curves
- no longer coiled
- honest and morally upright;
"I just want a straight answer to the question";
- Adverb Examples
- without deviation;
"the path leads directly to the lake";
"went direct to the office"
- in a forthright manner;
candidly or frankly;
"he didn't answer directly";
"told me straight out";
"came out flat for less work and more pay"
- in a straight line;
in a direct course;
"the road runs straight"
|Aboveboard||without concealment or deception|
"their business was open and aboveboard"
"straightforward in all his business affairs"
|Absolute||something that is conceived to be absolute|
something that does not depends on anything else and is beyond human control
"no mortal being can influence the absolute"
|Absolutely||totally and definitely|
"we are absolutely opposed to the idea"
"he forced himself to lie absolutely still"
"iron is absolutely necessary"
|Academic||an educator who works at a college or university|
|Accordant||being in agreement or harmony|
often followed by `with''
"a place perfectly accordant with man''s nature"-Thomas Hardy
|Accurate||conforming exactly or almost exactly to fact or to a standard or performing with total accuracy|
"an accurate reproduction"
"the accounting was accurate"
"an accurate scale"
|Accurately||with few mistakes|
"he works very accurately"
|Ace||a serve that the receiver is unable to reach|
|Admitting No Exception|
|Ageless||continuing forever or indefinitely|
"the ageless themes of love and revenge"
"hell''s perpetual fires"
"the unending bliss of heaven"
View all cognitive synonyms for Straight
|Straight||a straight segment of a roadway or racecourse|
View English words with the unique letters used in straight. Words With The Letters Aghirst
|Section||the cutting of or into body tissues or organs (especially by a surgeon as part of an operation)|
|Segment||one of several parts or pieces that fit with others to constitute a whole object|
"a section of a fishing rod"
"metal sections were used below ground"
"finished the final segment of the road"
|Stretch||the act of physically reaching or thrusting out|
Straight Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With S
- Ends With T
- Spelled With / Contains Letters