- Types Of Speech
- You can use away as a article, adverb or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Away
- A 2 syllables article and 4 letters with the letters a, w, and y, 2 consonants, 2 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letters wa. Away starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters a, aw, awa, and the ending characters are y, ay, way, ..
- (of a baseball pitch) on the far side of home plate from the batter; "the pitch was away (or wide)"; "an outside pitch"
- Old English
- School Grade
- Away is set as a kindergarten word that starts with a, ends with y, 2 syllables, 2 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is away a scrabble word? A 10 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Away in Pig Latin is said as "awayay or awayway".
- a | w | a | y
- aw | wa | ay
- awa | way
- Word Gram
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- (of a baseball pitch) on the far side of home plate from the batter;
"the pitch was away (or wide)";
"an outside pitch"
- Article Examples
- used of an opponent's ground;
"an away game"
- Adverb Examples
- from a particular thing or place or position (`forth' is obsolete);
"ran away from the lion";
"wanted to get away from there";
"sent the children away to boarding school";
"the teacher waved the children away from the dead animal";
"went off to school";
- from one's possession;
"he gave out money to the poor";
"gave away the tickets"
- in reserve;
not for immediate use;
"started setting aside money to buy a car";
"put something by for her old age";
"has a nestegg tucked away for a rainy day"
- out of the way (especially away from one's thoughts);
"brush the objections aside";
"pushed all doubts away"
- out of existence;
"the music faded away";
"tried to explain away the affair of the letter"- H.E.Scudder;
"idled the hours away";
"her fingernails were worn away"
- indicating continuing action;
continuously or steadily;
"he worked away at the project for more than a year";
"the child kept hammering away as if his life depended on it"
- in a different direction;
"turn away one's face";
- in or into a proper place (especially for storage or safekeeping);
"put the toys away";
"her jewels are locked away in a safe";
"filed the letter away"
- at a distance in space or time;
"the boat was 5 miles off (or away)";
"the party is still 2 weeks off (or away)";
"away back in the 18th century"
- so as to be removed or gotten rid of;
"cleared the mess away";
"the rotted wood had to be cut away"
- freely or at will;
|Absent||go away or leave|
"He absented himself"
|Afar||(old-fashioned) at or from or to a great distance|
"we traveled afar"
"we could see the ship afar off"
"the Magi came from afar"
|Against The Grain|
|ALIR||a terrorist organization that seeks to overthrow the government dominated by Tutsi and to reinstitute Hutu control|
"in 1999 ALIR guerrillas kidnapped and killed eight foreign tourists"
|Aloof||remote in manner|
"stood apart with aloof dignity"
"a distant smile"
"he was upstage with strangers"
|Anticlockwise||in the direction opposite to the rotation of the hands of a clock|
|Apace||with rapid movements|
"he works quickly"
|Apart||separated or at a distance in place or position or time|
"These towns are many miles apart"
"stood with his legs apart"
"born two years apart"
View all cognitive synonyms for Away
|Away||(of a baseball pitch) on the far side of home plate from the batter|
"the pitch was away (or wide)"
"an outside pitch"
View English words with the unique letters used in away. Words With The Letters Awy
View All Names For Away
"an inaccurate translation";
"the thermometer is inaccurate"
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Way (3 letters)||9||8||way|
|Yaw (3 letters)||9||8||way|
|Away (4 letters)||10||9||aawy|
Away Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With A
- Ends With Y
- Spelled With / Contains Letters