- Types Of Speech
- You can use off as a article, adverb or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Off
- A 1 syllables article and 3 letters with the letters f, and o, 2 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter f. Off starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters o, of, and the ending characters are f, ff, . Off is also a double consonant (ff) word. View the double consonant words list.
- Not in operation or operational; "the oven is off"; "the lights are off"
- School Grade
- Off is set as a kindergarten word that starts with o, ends with f, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 3 letters.
- Is off a scrabble word? A 9 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Off in Pig Latin is said as "offay or offway".
- o | f | f
- of | ff
- Word Gram
- Article Examples
- not in operation or operational;
"the oven is off";
"the lights are off"
- (of events) no longer planned or scheduled;
"the wedding is definitely off"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- below a satisfactory level;
"an off year for tennis";
"his performance was off"
- in an unpalatable state;
- Adverb Examples
- no longer on or in contact or attached;
"clean off the dirt";
"he shaved off his mustache"
- from a particular thing or place or position (`forth' is obsolete);
"ran away from the lion";
"wanted to get away from there";
"sent the children away to boarding school";
"the teacher waved the children away from the dead animal";
"went off to school";
- at a distance in space or time;
"the boat was 5 miles off (or away)";
"the party is still 2 weeks off (or away)";
"away back in the 18th century"
|Aberrant||one whose behavior departs substantially from the norm of a group|
not typical or usual or regular or conforming to a norm
"abnormal powers of concentration"
"abnormal amounts of rain"
"an abnormal interest in food"
|Abrasive||a substance that abrades or wears down|
|Abroad||in a foreign country|
|Absurd||inconsistent with reason or logic or common sense|
"the absurd predicament of seeming to argue that virtue is highly desirable but intensely unpleasant"- Walter Lippman
|Acidity||the property of being acidic|
"there was a search for beauty that had somehow gone adrift"
|Adulterate||corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance|
often by replacing valuable ingredients with inferior ones
|Adulterated||mixed with impurities|
View all cognitive synonyms for Off
|On||in operation or operational|
"left the oven on"
"the switch is in the on position"
|Off||not in operation or operational|
"the oven is off"
"the lights are off"
View English words with the unique letters used in off. Words With The Letters Fo
View All Names For Off
|Disconnected||lacking orderly continuity;|
"a confused set of instructions";
"a confused dream about the end of the world";
"disconnected fragments of a story";
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Food (4 letters)||8||8||dfoo|
|Proof (5 letters)||10 +1||11 +2||proof|
|Foot (4 letters)||7||7||foot|
|Ford (4 letters)||8||8||frod|
|Faro (4 letters)||7||7||afro|
|Furor (5 letters)||8||9||furor|
|Offer (5 letters)||11 +2||11 +2||offer|
|Foray (5 letters)||11 +2||10 +1||foray|
|Force (5 letters)||10 +1||11 +2||force|
|Favor (5 letters)||11 +2||12 +3||favor|
|Bufo (4 letters)||9||11 +2||bufo|
|Fox (3 letters)||13 +4||13 +4||fox|
|Fossa (5 letters)||8||8||afoss|
|Foyer (5 letters)||11 +2||10 +1||foyer|
|Fore (4 letters)||7||7||fore|
|Croft (5 letters)||10 +1||11 +2||croft|
|FOTS (4 letters)||7||7||soft|
|Fob (3 letters)||8||9||fob|
|Forte (5 letters)||8||8||forte|
|Fort (4 letters)||7||7||fort|
|Fosse (5 letters)||8||8||fosse|
|Pouf (4 letters)||9||11 +2||pouf|
|Roofy (5 letters)||11 +2||10 +1||roofy|
|Roof (4 letters)||7||7||roof|
|Sofa (4 letters)||7||7||sofa|
Off Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With O
- Ends With F
- Spelled With / Contains Letters