- Types Of Speech
- You can use board as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Board
- A 1 syllables noun and 5 letters with the letters a, b, d, o, and r, 3 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter a. Board starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters b, bo, boa, boar, and the ending characters are d, rd, ard, oard, ..
- A flat piece of material designed for a special purpose; "he nailed boards across the windows"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Board is set as a grade six word that starts with b, ends with d, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is board a scrabble word? A 8 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Board in Pig Latin is said as "oardbay or oardbway".
- b | o | a | r | d
- bo | oa | ar | rd
- boa | oar | ard
- boar | oard
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose;
"he nailed boards across the windows"
- a flat portable surface (usually rectangular) designed for board games;
"he got out the board and set up the pieces"
- a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
- electrical device consisting of an insulated panel containing switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices;
"he checked the instrument panel";
"suddenly the board lit up like a Christmas tree"
- a table at which meals are served;
"he helped her clear the dining table";
"a feast was spread upon the board"
- a board on which information can be displayed to public view
- food or meals in general;
"she sets a fine table";
"room and board"
- a committee having supervisory powers;
"the board has seven members"
- a stout length of sawn timber;
made in a wide variety of sizes and used for many purposes
- Verb Examples
- provide food and lodging (for);
"The old lady is boarding three men"
- lodge and take meals (at)
- get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.)
- live and take one's meals at or in;
"she rooms in an old boarding house"
|Aboard||on first or second or third base|
"Their second homer with Bob Allison aboard"
|Abode||housing that someone is living in|
"he built a modest dwelling near the pond"
"they raise money to provide homes for the homeless"
|Accommodate||make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose|
"Adapt our native cuisine to the available food resources of the new country"
|Accommodation||(physiology) the automatic adjustment in focal length of the lens of the eye|
|Adapt||adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions|
"We must adjust to the bad economic situation"
|Administration||the act of administering medication|
View all cognitive synonyms for Board
|Board||a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose|
"he nailed boards across the windows"
|Broad||slang term for a woman|
"a broad is a woman who can throw a mean punch"
|Dobra||the basic unit of money on Sao Tome e Principe|
View English words with the unique letters used in board. Words With The Letters Abdor
|Sheet||a large piece of fabric (as canvas) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel|
|Aquaplane||a board that is pulled by a speedboat as a person stands on it and skims over the top of the water|
|Breadboard||a wooden or plastic board on which dough is kneaded or bread is sliced|
|Drainboard||a board beside a kitchen sink and inclined to drain into the sink|
View All Hyponyms For Board
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Board (5 letters)||8||9||board|
|Boards (6 letters)||9 +1||10 +1||adsorb|
|Broadax (7 letters)||17 +9||18 +9||broadax|
|Byroad (6 letters)||12 +4||12 +3||byroad|
|Bravado (7 letters)||13 +5||15 +6||bravado|
|Broad (5 letters)||8||9||board|
|Dobra (5 letters)||8||9||board|
|Adsorb (6 letters)||9 +1||10 +1||adsorb|
|Abroad (6 letters)||9 +1||10 +1||aborad|
|Aborad (6 letters)||9 +1||10 +1||aborad|
|Aboard (6 letters)||9 +1||10 +1||aborad|
|A Board (7 letters)|
|B Board (7 letters)|
|Broads (6 letters)||9 +1||10 +1||adsorb|
Board Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With B
- Ends With D
- Spelled With / Contains Letters