- Types Of Speech
- You can use ceiling as a noun in a sentence.
- About Ceiling
- A 2 syllables noun and 7 letters with the letters c, e, g, i, l, and n, 4 consonants, 3 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letter l. Ceiling starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters c, ce, cei, ceil, ceili, and the ending characters are g, ng, ing, ling, iling, ..
- The overhead upper surface of a room; "he hated painting the ceiling"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Ceiling is set as a grade four word that starts with c, ends with g, 2 syllables, 3 vowels and 7 letters.
- Is ceiling a scrabble word? A 10 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Ceiling in Pig Latin is said as "eilingcay or eilingcway".
- c | e | i | l | i | n | g
- ce | ei | il | li | in | ng
- cei | eil | ili | lin | ing
- ceil | eili | ilin | ling
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the overhead upper surface of a room;
"he hated painting the ceiling"
- (meteorology) altitude of the lowest layer of clouds
- maximum altitude at which a plane can fly (under specified conditions)
- an upper limit on what is allowed;
"they established a cap for prices"
|Acme||the highest point (of something)|
"at the peak of the pyramid"
|Aerospace||the atmosphere and outer space considered as a whole|
|Aggrandizement||the act of increasing the wealth or prestige or power or scope of something|
"the aggrandizement of the king"
"his elevation to cardinal"
|Airspace||the atmosphere above a nation that is deemed to be under its jurisdiction|
"the plane was refused permission to enter Chinese airspace"
|All||completely given to or absorbed by|
"became all attention"
|Altitude||elevation especially above sea level or above the earth''s surface|
"the altitude gave her a headache"
|Apex||the point on the celestial sphere toward which the sun and solar system appear to be moving relative to the fixed stars|
View all cognitive synonyms for Ceiling
|Ceiling||the overhead upper surface of a room|
"he hated painting the ceiling"
View English words with the unique letters used in ceiling. Words With The Letters Cegiln
|Overhead||a hard return hitting the tennis ball above your head|
|Room||an area within a building enclosed by walls and floor and ceiling;|
"the rooms were very small but they had a nice view"
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Replacing (9 letters)||14 +4||19 +5||parceling|
|Cleaning (8 letters)||11 +1||16 +2||cleaning|
|Cleansing (9 letters)||12 +2||17 +3||cleansing|
|Clearing (8 letters)||11 +1||15 +1||clearing|
|Enclosing (9 letters)||12 +2||17 +3||enclosing|
|Reclining (9 letters)||12 +2||17 +3||reclining|
|Lecturing (9 letters)||12 +2||17 +3||lecturing|
|Recycling (9 letters)||17 +7||21 +7||ccegilnry|
|Parceling (9 letters)||14 +4||19 +5||parceling|
|Lacewing (8 letters)||14 +4||18 +4||lacewing|
|Analgesic (9 letters)||12 +2||16 +2||analgesic|
|Ceiling (7 letters)||10||14||ceiling|
|Cringle (7 letters)||10||14||cringle|
|Vigilance (9 letters)||15 +5||20 +6||vigilance|
|Angelica (8 letters)||11 +1||15 +1||angelica|
|Collegian (9 letters)||12 +2||17 +3||collegian|
|Glycine (7 letters)||13 +3||16 +2||glycine|
|Clientage (9 letters)||12 +2||16 +2||clientage|
|Glycerin (8 letters)||14 +4||17 +3||glycerin|
|Glycerine (9 letters)||15 +5||18 +4||glycerine|
|Oligocene (9 letters)||12 +2||16 +2||oligocene|
|Anglicise (9 letters)||12 +2||16 +2||anglicise|
|Anglicize (9 letters)||21 +11||25 +11||anglicize|
|Congenial (9 letters)||12 +2||17 +3||congenial|
|Angelic (7 letters)||10||14||angelic|
Ceiling Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With C
- Ends With G
- Spelled With / Contains Letters