- Types Of Speech
- You can use clean as a article, noun, adverb, adjective satellite or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Clean
- A 1 syllables article and 5 letters with the letters a, c, e, l, and n, 3 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter e. Clean starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters c, cl, cle, clea, and the ending characters are n, an, ean, lean, ..
- A weightlift in which the barbell is lifted to shoulder height and then jerked overhead
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Clean is set as a kindergarten word that starts with c, ends with n, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is clean a scrabble word? A 7 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Clean in Pig Latin is said as "eanclay or eanclway".
- c | l | e | a | n
- cl | le | ea | an
- cle | lea | ean
- clea | lean
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a weightlift in which the barbell is lifted to shoulder height and then jerked overhead
- Verb Examples
- clean one's body or parts thereof, as by washing;
"clean up before you see your grandparents";
"clean your fingernails before dinner"
- remove unwanted substances from, such as feathers or pits;
"clean the turkey"
- remove shells or husks from;
"clean grain before milling it"
- remove unwanted substances from
- remove while making clean;
"clean the spots off the rug"
- make clean by removing dirt, filth, or unwanted substances from;
"clean the stove!";
"The dentist cleaned my teeth"
- clean and tidy up the house;
"She housecleans every week"
- remove all contents or possession from, or empty completely;
"The boys cleaned the sandwich platters";
"The trees were cleaned of apples by the storm"
- deprive wholly of money in a gambling game, robbery, etc.;
"The other players cleaned him completely"
- be cleanable;
"This stove cleans easily"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- free of drugs;
"after a long dependency on heroin she has been clean for 4 years"
- free from clumsiness;
precisely or deftly executed;
"he landed a clean left on his opponent's cheek";
"a clean throw";
"the neat exactness of the surgeon's knife"
- not carrying concealed weapons
- (of a record) having no marks of discredit or offense;
"a clean voting recor";
"a clean driver's license"
- thorough and without qualification;
"a clean getaway";
"a clean sweep";
"a clean break"
- marked by or calling for sportsmanship or fair play;
"a clean fight";
"a sporting solution of the disagreement";
- of a surface;
not written or printed on;
"fill in the blank spaces";
"a clean page";
"wide white margins"
- (of a manuscript) having few alterations or corrections;
"a clean manuscript"
- morally pure;
"led a clean life"
- without difficulties or problems;
"a clean test flight"
- free from impurities;
- (of sound or color) free from anything that dulls or dims;
"efforts to obtain a clean bass in orchestral recordings";
"clear laughter like a waterfall";
"clear reds and blues";
"a light lilting voice like a silver bell"
- free of restrictions or qualifications;
"a clean bill of health";
"a clear winner"
- free from sepsis or infection;
"a clean (or uninfected) wound"
- Article Examples
- free from dirt or impurities;
or having clean habits;
"children with clean shining faces";
"clean white shirts";
"a spotlessly clean house";
"cats are clean animals"
- (of behavior or especially language) free from objectionable elements;
fit for all observers;
"good clean fun";
"a clean joke"
- not spreading pollution or contamination;
especially radioactive contamination;
"a clean fuel";
"cleaner and more efficient engines";
"the tactical bomb is reasonably clean"
- ritually clean or pure
- Adverb Examples
used as intensifiers;
"clean forgot the appointment";
"I'm plumb (or plum) tuckered out"
- in conformity with the rules or laws and without fraud or cheating;
"they played fairly"
|Absolute||something that is conceived to be absolute|
something that does not depends on anything else and is beyond human control
"no mortal being can influence the absolute"
|Absolutely||totally and definitely|
"we are absolutely opposed to the idea"
"he forced himself to lie absolutely still"
"iron is absolutely necessary"
|Ace||a serve that the receiver is unable to reach|
|Acknowledge||accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority|
"The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"
"We do not recognize your gods"
|Adept||someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field|
|Admit||declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of|
"He admitted his errors"
"She acknowledged that she might have forgotten"
|Adroit||quick or skillful or adept in action or thought|
"an exceptionally adroit pianist"
"an adroit technician"
"his adroit replies to hecklers won him many followers"
"an adroit negotiator"
|Aggregate||the whole amount|
|All||completely given to or absorbed by|
"became all attention"
View all cognitive synonyms for Clean
|Clean||a weightlift in which the barbell is lifted to shoulder height and then jerked overhead|
|Lance||a surgical knife with a pointed double-edged blade|
used for punctures and small incisions
View English words with the unique letters used in clean. Words With The Letters Aceln
|Weightlifting||exercise by lifting weights|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Cleanup (7 letters)||11 +4||16 +6||cleanup|
|Lancers (7 letters)||9 +2||12 +2||lancers|
|Clean (5 letters)||7||10||lance|
|Larceny (7 letters)||12 +5||14 +4||larceny|
|Lycaeon (7 letters)||12 +5||14 +4||alcyone|
|Lycaena (7 letters)||12 +5||14 +4||lycaena|
|Capelan (7 letters)||11 +4||15 +5||capelan|
|Launce (6 letters)||8 +1||12 +2||cuneal|
|Cantle (6 letters)||8 +1||11 +1||cantle|
|Central (7 letters)||9 +2||12 +2||central|
|Cleaner (7 letters)||9 +2||12 +2||aceelnr|
|Valance (7 letters)||12 +5||16 +6||valance|
|Calean (6 letters)||8 +1||11 +1||calean|
|Lancet (6 letters)||8 +1||11 +1||cantle|
|Lance (5 letters)||7||10||lance|
|Nacelle (7 letters)||9 +2||13 +3||nacelle|
|Seconal (7 letters)||9 +2||12 +2||seconal|
|Valence (7 letters)||12 +5||16 +6||enclave|
|Valency (7 letters)||15 +8||18 +8||valency|
|Cancel (6 letters)||10 +3||14 +4||acceln|
|Enclave (7 letters)||12 +5||16 +6||enclave|
|Alcyone (7 letters)||12 +5||14 +4||alcyone|
|Lancer (6 letters)||8 +1||11 +1||lancer|
|Canella (7 letters)||9 +2||13 +3||canella|
|Nauclea (7 letters)||9 +2||13 +3||nauclea|
Clean Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With C
- Ends With N
- Spelled With / Contains Letters