- Types Of Speech
- You can use dirty as a article, adjective satellite or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Dirty
- A 2 syllables article and 5 letters with the letters d, i, r, t, and y, 4 consonants, 1 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letter r. Dirty starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters d, di, dir, dirt, and the ending characters are y, ty, rty, irty, ..
- Make soiled, filthy, or dirty; "don''t soil your clothes when you play outside!"
- School Grade
- Dirty is set as a grade four word that starts with d, ends with y, 2 syllables, 1 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is dirty a scrabble word? A 9 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Dirty in Pig Latin is said as "irtyday or irtydway".
- d | i | r | t | y
- di | ir | rt | ty
- dir | irt | rty
- dirt | irty
- Word Gram
- Verb Examples
- make soiled, filthy, or dirty;
"don't soil your clothes when you play outside!"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- unpleasantly stormy;
"there's dirty weather in the offing"
- unethical or dishonest;
"dirty police officers";
"a sordid political campaign"
- violating accepted standards or rules;
"a dirty fighter";
"used foul means to gain power";
"a nasty unsporting serve";
"fined for unsportsmanlike behavior"
- expressing or revealing hostility or dislike;
- obtained illegally or by improper means;
- (of a manuscript) defaced with changes;
"foul (or dirty) copy"
"a dirty (or lousy) trick";
"a filthy traitor"
- (of color) discolored by impurities;
not bright and clear;
"dirty" is often used in combination;
"a dirty (or dingy) white";
"the muddied gray of the sea";
- contaminated with infecting organisms;
"obliged to go into infected rooms"- Jane Austen
- Article Examples
- soiled or likely to soil with dirt or grime;
"dirty unswept sidewalks";
"a child in dirty overalls";
"piles of dirty dishes";
"put his dirty feet on the clean sheet";
"wore an unclean shirt";
"mining is a dirty job";
"Cinderella did the dir
- (of behavior or especially language) characterized by obscenity or indecency;
"a dirty old man";
"dirty books and movies";
"boys telling dirty jokes";
"has a dirty mouth"
- spreading pollution or contamination;
especially radioactive contamination;
"the air near the foundry was always dirty";
"the air near the foundry was always dirty";
"a dirty bomb releases enormous amounts of long-lived radioactive fallout"
|Abject||showing humiliation or submissiveness|
"an abject apology"
|Abominable||exceptionally bad or displeasing|
"an awful voice"
"a painful performance"
"an unspeakable odor came sweeping into the room"
|Abusive||characterized by physical or psychological maltreatment|
"argued...that foster homes are abusive"
|Altogether||informal terms for nakedness|
"in the raw"
"in the altogether"
"in his birthday suit"
|Ambidextrous||marked by deliberate deceptiveness especially by pretending one set of feelings and acting under the influence of another|
"she was a deceitful scheming little thing"- Israel Zangwill
"a double-dealing double agent"
"a double-faced infernal traitor and
|Angered||marked by extreme anger|
"the enraged bull attached"
"furious about the accident"
"a furious scowl"
"infuriated onlookers charged the police who were beating the boy"
"could not control the maddened crowd"
|Angry||feeling or showing anger|
"angry at the weather"
"an angry silence"
"sending angry letters to the papers"
|Animal||a living organism characterized by voluntary movement|
View all cognitive synonyms for Dirty
|Clean||a weightlift in which the barbell is lifted to shoulder height and then jerked overhead|
|Dirt||disgraceful gossip about the private lives of other people|
|Dirtying||the act of soiling something|
|Filth||a state characterized by foul or disgusting dirt and refuse|
|Grease||the state of being covered with unclean things|
|Grime||the state of being covered with unclean things|
|Grunge||the state of being covered with unclean things|
|Soil||the geographical area under the jurisdiction of a sovereign state|
"American troops were stationed on Japanese soil"
|Soiling||the act of soiling something|
|Soilure||the act of soiling something|
|Stain||an act that brings discredit to the person who does it|
"he made a huge blot on his copybook"
|Alter||remove the ovaries of|
"Is your cat spayed?"
|Change||the action of changing something|
"the change of government had no impact on the economy"
"his change on abortion cost him the election"
|Modify||cause to change|
cause a transformation
"The advent of the automobile may have altered the growth pattern of the city"
"The discussion has changed my thinking about the issue"
|Blemish||a mark or flaw that spoils the appearance of something (especially on a person''s body);|
"a facial blemish"
"The industrial wastes polluted the lake"
|Crock||an earthen jar (made of baked clay)|
|Foul||an act that violates of the rules of a sport|
|Mire||a soft wet area of low-lying land that sinks underfoot|
|Mud||slanderous remarks or charges|
"muddy the water"
View All Hyponyms For Dirty
|Negative Feelings||Describe dirty||A word list of negative feeling words and the best English words to describe negative emotions. Emotional negative words... read more|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Aridity (7 letters)||11 +2||10 +2||aridity|
|Tribady (7 letters)||13 +4||13 +5||tribady|
Dirty Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With D
- Ends With Y
- Spelled With / Contains Letters