- Types Of Speech
- You can use blue as a noun, adjective satellite or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Blue
- A 1 syllables noun and 4 letters with the letters b, e, l, and u, 2 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters lu. Blue starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters b, bl, blu, and the ending characters are e, ue, lue, ..
- Any of numerous small chiefly blue butterflies of the family Lycaenidae
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Blue is set as a kindergarten word that starts with b, ends with e, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is blue a scrabble word? A 6 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Blue in Pig Latin is said as "ueblay or ueblway".
- b | l | u | e
- bl | lu | ue
- blu | lue
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- any of numerous small chiefly blue butterflies of the family Lycaenidae
- the sodium salt of amobarbital that is used as a barbiturate;
used as a sedative and a hypnotic
- blue clothing;
"she was wearing blue"
- the color of the clear sky in the daytime;
"he had eyes of bright blue"
- any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are blue;
"the Union army was a vast blue"
- the sky as viewed during daylight;
"he shot an arrow into the blue"
- used to whiten laundry or hair or give it a bluish tinge
- Verb Examples
- turn blue
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- causing dejection;
"a blue day";
"the dark days of the war";
"a week of rainy depressing weather";
"a disconsolate winter landscape";
"the first dismal dispiriting days of November";
"a dark gloomy day";
"grim rainy weather"
- having a color similar to that of a clear unclouded sky;
"October's bright blue weather"- Helen Hunt Jackson;
"a blue flame";
"blue haze of tobacco smoke"
- characterized by profanity or cursing;
"foul-mouthed and blasphemous";
- low in spirits;
"lonely and blue in a strange city";
"depressed by the loss of his job";
"a dispirited and resigned expression on her face";
"downcast after his defeat";
"feeling discouraged and downhearted"
- belonging to or characteristic of the nobility or aristocracy;
"an aristocratic family";
"a blue family";
"the blue-blooded aristocracy";
"of gentle blood";
"patrician landholders of the
- used to signify the Union forces in the Civil War (who wore blue uniforms);
"a ragged blue line"
|Absolute||something that is conceived to be absolute|
something that does not depends on anything else and is beyond human control
"no mortal being can influence the absolute"
|Abusive||characterized by physical or psychological maltreatment|
"argued...that foster homes are abusive"
|Achromasia||unnatural lack of color in the skin (as from bruising or sickness or emotional distress)|
|Adam||street names for methylenedioxymethamphetamine|
|Air||travel via aircraft|
"air travel involves too much waiting in airports"
"if you''ve time to spare go by air"
|Alcohol||a liquor or brew containing alcohol as the active agent|
"alcohol (or drink) ruined him"
View all cognitive synonyms for Blue
|Blue||any of numerous small chiefly blue butterflies of the family Lycaenidae|
|Bleu||cheese containing a blue mold|
|Lube||apply a lubricant to|
"lubricate my car"
View English words with the unique letters used in blue. Words With The Letters Belu
|Lycaenid||any of various butterflies of the family Lycaenidae|
|Lycaena||type genus of the Lycaenidae;|
small slender butterflies with upper surface of wings usually metallic blue or green or copper
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Blue (4 letters)||6||9||blue|
|Bauble (6 letters)||10 +4||14 +5||bauble|
|Bubble (6 letters)||12 +6||17 +8||bubble|
|Bleu (4 letters)||6||9||blue|
|Belau (5 letters)||7 +1||10 +1||belau|
|Lube (4 letters)||6||9||blue|
|Buzzle (6 letters)||26 +20||29 +20||buzzle|
|Bullae (6 letters)||8 +2||12 +3||abellu|
Blue Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With B
- Ends With E
- Spelled With / Contains Letters