- Types Of Speech
- You can use northern as a article, noun or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Northern
- A 2 syllables article and 8 letters with the letters e, h, n, o, r, and t, 6 consonants, 2 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letters th. Northern starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters n, no, nor, nort, north, and the ending characters are n, rn, ern, hern, thern, ..
- A dialect of Middle English that developed into Scottish Lallans
- Compound Words
- A compound word, northern has more than one word within it. There's 2 words which are north, and ern.
- School Grade
- Northern is set as a grade five word that starts with n, ends with n, 2 syllables, 2 vowels and 8 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Northern in Pig Latin is said as "orthernnay or orthernnway".
- n | o | r | t | h | e | r | n
- no | or | rt | th | he | er | rn
- nor | ort | rth | the | her | ern
- nort | orth | rthe | ther | hern
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a dialect of Middle English that developed into Scottish Lallans
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- coming from the north;
used especially of wind;
"the north wind doth blow";
"a northern snowstorm";
"the winds are northerly"
- situated in or oriented toward the north;
"the northern suburbs";
"going in a northerly direction"
- Article Examples
- situated in or coming from regions of the north;
"the northern hemisphere";
"northern autumn colors"
- in or characteristic of a region of the United States north of (approximately) the Mason-Dixon line;
|Antarctic||the region around the south pole: Antarctica and surrounding waters|
|Arctic||a waterproof overshoe that protects shoes from water or snow|
|Austral||the basic unit of money in Argentina|
equal to 100 centavos
|Boreal||comprising or throughout far northern regions|
|Circumboreal||comprising or throughout far northern regions|
|East||the countries of Asia|
|Eastbound||moving toward the east|
|Easter||a wind from the east|
|Easterly||a wind from the east|
View all cognitive synonyms for Northern
|Northern||a dialect of Middle English that developed into Scottish Lallans|
View English words with the unique letters used in northern. Words With The Letters Ehnort
Northern Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With N
- Ends With N
- Spelled With / Contains Letters