- Types Of Speech
- You can use discipline as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Discipline
- A 3 syllables noun and 10 letters with the letters c, d, e, i, l, n, p, and s, 6 consonants, 4 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letters ip. Discipline starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters d, di, dis, disc, disci, and the ending characters are e, ne, ine, line, pline, ..
- Training to improve strength or self-control
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Discipline is set as a sat word that starts with d, ends with e, 3 syllables, 4 vowels and 10 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Discipline in Pig Latin is said as "isciplineday or isciplinedway".
- d | i | s | c | i | p | l | i | n | e
- di | is | sc | ci | ip | pl | li | in | ne
- dis | isc | sci | cip | ipl | pli | lin | ine
- disc | isci | scip | cipl | ipli | plin | line
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- training to improve strength or self-control
- the act of punishing;
"the offenders deserved the harsh discipline they received"
- the trait of being well behaved;
"he insisted on discipline among the troops"
- a system of rules of conduct or method of practice;
"he quickly learned the discipline of prison routine" or "for such a plan to work requires discipline";
- a branch of knowledge;
"in what discipline is his doctorate?";
"teachers should be well trained in their subject";
"anthropology is the study of human beings"
- Verb Examples
- punish in order to gain control or enforce obedience;
"The teacher disciplined the pupils rather frequently"
- train by instruction and practice;
especially to teach self-control;
"Parents must discipline their children";
"Is this dog trained?"
|Absolutism||the doctrine of an absolute being|
|Accommodate||make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose|
"Adapt our native cuisine to the available food resources of the new country"
|Acquire||come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)|
"He grew a beard"
"The patient developed abdominal pains"
|Adapt||adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions|
"We must adjust to the bad economic situation"
View all cognitive synonyms for Discipline
|Discipline||training to improve strength or self-control|
View English words with the unique letters used in discipline. Words With The Letters Cdeilnps
|Grooming||the activity of getting dressed|
putting on clothes
|Preparation||the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat|
"cooking can be a great art"
"people are needed who have experience in cookery"
"he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
|Training||activity leading to skilled behavior|
Discipline Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With D
- Ends With E
- Spelled With / Contains Letters