- Types Of Speech
- You can use field as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Field
- A 1 syllables noun and 5 letters with the letters d, e, f, i, and l, 3 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter e. Field starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters f, fi, fie, fiel, and the ending characters are d, ld, eld, ield, ..
- A particular kind of commercial enterprise; "they are outstanding in their field"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Field is set as a grade two word that starts with f, ends with d, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is field a scrabble word? A 9 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Field in Pig Latin is said as "ieldfay or ieldfway".
- f | i | e | l | d
- fi | ie | el | ld
- fie | iel | eld
- fiel | ield
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a particular kind of commercial enterprise;
"they are outstanding in their field"
- a place where planes take off and land
- the area that is visible (as through an optical instrument)
- a branch of knowledge;
"in what discipline is his doctorate?";
"teachers should be well trained in their subject";
"anthropology is the study of human beings"
- all the competitors in a particular contest or sporting event
- all of the horses in a particular horse race
- (mathematics) a set of elements such that addition and multiplication are commutative and associative and multiplication is distributive over addition and there are two elements 0 and 1;
"the set of all rational numbers is a field"
- (computer science) a set of one or more adjacent characters comprising a unit of information
- a region where a battle is being (or has been) fought;
"they made a tour of Civil War battlefields"
- a region in which active military operations are in progress;
"the army was in the field awaiting action";
"he served in the Vietnam theater for three years"
- somewhere (away from a studio or office or library or laboratory) where practical work is done or data is collected;
"anthropologists do much of their work in the field"
- a piece of land cleared of trees and usually enclosed;
"he planted a field of wheat"
- a piece of land prepared for playing a game;
"the home crowd cheered when Princeton took the field"
- a geographic region (land or sea) under which something valuable is found;
"the diamond fields of South Africa"
- extensive tract of level open land;
"they emerged from the woods onto a vast open plain";
"he longed for the fields of his youth"
- the space around a radiating body within which its electromagnetic oscillations can exert force on another similar body not in contact with it
- a particular environment or walk of life;
"his social sphere is limited";
"it was a closed area of employment";
"he's out of my orbit"
- Verb Examples
- select (a team or individual player) for a game;
"The Patriots fielded a young new quarterback for the Rose Bowl"
- answer adequately or successfully;
"The lawyer fielded all questions from the press"
- play as a fielder
- catch or pick up (balls) in baseball or cricket
|Abattoir||a building where animals are butchered|
|Accomplishment||the action of accomplishing something|
|Achievement||the action of accomplishing something|
|Acreage||an area of ground used for some particular purpose (such as building or farming)|
"he wanted some acreage to build on"
|Actor||a theatrical performer|
|Aerodrome||an airfield equipped with control tower and hangers as well as accommodations for passengers and cargo|
|Aerofoil||a device that provides reactive force when in motion relative to the surrounding air|
can lift or control a plane in flight
View all cognitive synonyms for Field
|Field||a particular kind of commercial enterprise|
"they are outstanding in their field"
|Felid||any of various lithe-bodied round-headed fissiped mammals many with retractile claws|
View English words with the unique letters used in field. Words With The Letters Defil
|Business||incidental activity performed by an actor for dramatic effect|
"his business with the cane was hilarious"
View All Names For Field
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Field (5 letters)||9||10||field|
|Oldwife (7 letters)||14 +5||15 +5||oldwife|
|Felidae (7 letters)||11 +2||12 +2||felidae|
|Felid (5 letters)||9||10||field|
|Infield (7 letters)||11 +2||13 +3||infidel|
|Fiddle (6 letters)||11 +2||12 +2||fiddle|
|Defile (6 letters)||10 +1||11 +1||defile|
|Fielder (7 letters)||11 +2||12 +2||refiled|
|Infidel (7 letters)||11 +2||13 +3||infidel|
|Defiler (7 letters)||11 +2||12 +2||refiled|
|Fiddler (7 letters)||12 +3||13 +3||fiddler|
|Fiedler (7 letters)||11 +2||12 +2||refiled|
|Fields (6 letters)||10 +1||11 +1||fdelis|
|Sulfide (7 letters)||11 +2||13 +3||sulfide|
|Frilled (7 letters)||11 +2||13 +3||frilled|
|Direful (7 letters)||11 +2||13 +3||direful|
|Defiled (7 letters)||12 +3||13 +3||defiled|
|Filled (6 letters)||10 +1||12 +2||filled|
|Lifted (6 letters)||10 +1||11 +1||lifted|
|Stifled (7 letters)||11 +2||12 +2||stifled|
|Filmed (6 letters)||12 +3||14 +4||filmed|
|Unfiled (7 letters)||11 +2||14 +4||unfiled|
|Rifled (6 letters)||10 +1||11 +1||rifled|
|Ill Fed (7 letters)|
|Foiled (6 letters)||10 +1||11 +1||foiled|
Field Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With F
- Ends With D
- Spelled With / Contains Letters