- Types Of Speech
- You can use end as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About End
- A 1 syllables noun and 3 letters with the letters d, e, and n, 2 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter n. End starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters e, en, and the ending characters are d, nd, ..
- A position on the line of scrimmage; "no one wanted to play end"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- End is set as a kindergarten word that starts with e, ends with d, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 3 letters.
- Is end a scrabble word? A 4 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- End in Pig Latin is said as "enday or endway".
- e | n | d
- en | nd
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a position on the line of scrimmage;
"no one wanted to play end"
- the part you are expected to play;
"he held up his end"
- a piece of cloth that is left over after the rest has been used or sold
- a final part or section;
"we have given it at the end of the section since it involves the calculus";
"Start at the beginning and go on until you come to the end"
- the state of affairs that a plan is intended to achieve and that (when achieved) terminates behavior intended to achieve it;
"the ends justify the means"
- the last section of a communication;
"in conclusion I want to say..."
- the concluding parts of an event or occurrence;
"the end was exciting";
"I had to miss the last of the movie"
- a boundary marking the extremities of something;
"the end of town"
- either extremity of something that has length;
"the end of the pier";
"she knotted the end of the thread";
"they rode to the end of the line"
- the surface at either extremity of a three-dimensional object;
"one end of the box was marked `This side up'"
- one of two places from which people are communicating to each other;
"the phone rang at the other end";
"both ends wrote at the same time"
- (football) the person who plays at one end of the line of scrimmage;
"the end managed to hold onto the pass"
- a final state;
"he came to a bad end";
"the so-called glorious experiment came to an inglorious end"
- the point in time at which something ends;
"the end of the year";
"the ending of warranty period"
- Verb Examples
- bring to an end or halt;
"She ended their friendship when she found out that he had once been convicted of a crime";
"The attack on Poland terminated the relatively peaceful period after WWI"
- put an end to;
"The terrible news ended our hopes that he had survived"
- have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense;
either spatial or metaphorical;
"the bronchioles terminate in a capillary bed";
"Your rights stop where you infringe upon the rights of other";
"My property ends by the bushes";
"The symphony end
- be the end of;
be the last or concluding part of;
"This sad scene ended the movie"
|Abandon||the trait of lacking restraint or control|
freedom from inhibition or worry
"she danced with abandon"
|Abort||terminate a pregnancy by undergoing an abortion|
|Abstain||choose no to consume|
"I abstain from alcohol"
|Accomplishment||the action of accomplishing something|
|Achievement||the action of accomplishing something|
|Acme||the highest point (of something)|
"at the peak of the pyramid"
|Acquire||come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)|
"He grew a beard"
"The patient developed abdominal pains"
|Actor||a theatrical performer|
|Advert||a public promotion of some product or service|
|Afterglow||the pleasure of remembering some pleasant event|
"he basked in the afterglow of his victory"
View all cognitive synonyms for End
|End||a position on the line of scrimmage|
"no one wanted to play end"
|Den||a room that is comfortable and secluded|
View English words with the unique letters used in end. Words With The Letters Den
|Lineman||a person who installs or repairs electrical or telephone lines|
|Eleven||a team that plays football|
View All Names For End
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Need (4 letters)||5 +1||6 +1||need|
|Dance (5 letters)||8 +4||10 +5||dance|
|End (3 letters)||4||5||den|
|Drone (5 letters)||6 +2||7 +2||drone|
|Devon (5 letters)||9 +5||11 +6||devon|
|Anode (5 letters)||6 +2||7 +2||anode|
|Bend (4 letters)||7 +3||9 +4||bend|
|Den (3 letters)||4||5||den|
|Node (4 letters)||5 +1||6 +1||done|
|Sedan (5 letters)||6 +2||7 +2||andes|
|Dent (4 letters)||5 +1||6 +1||dent|
|Eden (4 letters)||5 +1||6 +1||need|
|Trend (5 letters)||6 +2||7 +2||trend|
|Zend (4 letters)||14 +10||15 +10||zend|
|Aden (4 letters)||5 +1||6 +1||aden|
|Andes (5 letters)||6 +2||7 +2||andes|
|Deneb (5 letters)||8 +4||10 +5||deneb|
|Dune (4 letters)||5 +1||7 +2||dune|
|Woden (5 letters)||9 +5||10 +5||nowed|
|Dane (4 letters)||5 +1||6 +1||aden|
|Donee (5 letters)||6 +2||7 +2||donee|
|Dean (4 letters)||5 +1||6 +1||aden|
|Doyen (5 letters)||9 +5||9 +4||doyen|
|Dunce (5 letters)||8 +4||11 +6||dunce|
|Nerd (4 letters)||5 +1||6 +1||rend|
End Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With E
- Ends With D
- Spelled With / Contains Letters