- Types Of Speech
- You can use father as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Father
- A 2 syllables noun and 6 letters with the letters a, e, f, h, r, and t, 4 consonants, 2 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letters th. Father starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters f, fa, fat, fath, fathe, and the ending characters are r, er, her, ther, ather, ..
- God when considered as the first person in the Trinity; "hear our prayers, Heavenly Father"
- Compound Words
- A compound word, father has more than one word within it. There's 2 words which are fat, and her.
- School Grade
- Father is set as a kindergarten word that starts with f, ends with r, 2 syllables, 2 vowels and 6 letters.
- Is father a scrabble word? A 12 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Father in Pig Latin is said as "atherfay or atherfway".
- f | a | t | h | e | r
- fa | at | th | he | er
- fat | ath | the | her
- fath | athe | ther
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- God when considered as the first person in the Trinity;
"hear our prayers, Heavenly father"
- (Christianity) any of about 70 theologians in the period from the 2nd to the 7th century whose writing established and confirmed official church doctrine;
in the Roman Catholic Church some were later declared saints and became Doctor of the Church;
- the head of an organized crime family
- a male parent (also used as a term of address to your father);
"his father was born in Atlanta"
- `father' is a term of address for priests in some churches (especially the Roman Catholic Church or the Orthodox Catholic Church);
`Padre' is frequently used in the military
- a person who holds an important or distinguished position in some organization;
"the tennis fathers ruled in her favor";
"the city fathers endorsed the proposal"
- the founder of a family;
"keep the faith of our forefathers"
- a person who founds or establishes some institution;
"George Washington is the father of his country"
- Verb Examples
- make children;
"Abraham begot Isaac";
"Men often father children but don't recognize them"
|Abbe||a French abbot|
|Agent||the semantic role of the animate entity that instigates or causes the hapening denoted by the verb in the clause|
|Agriculturist||someone concerned with the science or art or business of cultivating the soil|
|Almighty||terms referring to the Judeo-Christian God|
|Ancestor||someone from whom you are descended (but usually more remote than a grandparent)|
|Antecedent||the referent of an anaphor|
a phrase or clause that is referred to by an anaphoric pronoun
View all cognitive synonyms for Father
|Father||God when considered as the first person in the Trinity|
"hear our prayers, Heavenly Father"
View English words with the unique letters used in father. Words With The Letters Aefhrt
|Hypostasis||(metaphysics) essential nature or underlying reality|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Feather (7 letters)||13 +1||12 +1||feather|
|Father (6 letters)||12||11||father|
|Feathery (8 letters)||17 +5||15 +4||feathery|
|Terefah (7 letters)||13 +1||12 +1||feather|
Father Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With F
- Ends With R
- Spelled With / Contains Letters