- Types Of Speech
- You can use first as a article, noun, adverb or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About First
- A 1 syllables article and 5 letters with the letters f, i, r, s, and t, 4 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter r. First starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters f, fi, fir, firs, and the ending characters are t, st, rst, irst, ..
- The fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed at first base
- Middle English
- School Grade
- First is set as a grade two word that starts with f, ends with t, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is first a scrabble word? A 8 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- First in Pig Latin is said as "irstfay or irstfway".
- f | i | r | s | t
- fi | ir | rs | st
- fir | irs | rst
- firs | irst
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed at first base
- the lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle;
used to start a car moving
- an honours degree of the highest class
- the first element in a countable series;
"the first of the month"
- the first or highest in an ordering or series;
"He wanted to be the first"
- the time at which something is supposed to begin;
"they got an early start";
"she knew from the get-go that he was the man for her"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- being the gear producing the lowest drive speed;
"use first gear on steep hills"
- ranking above all others;
"was first in her class";
"the foremost figure among marine artists";
"the top graduate"
- serving to begin;
"the beginning canto of the poem";
"the first verse"
- serving to set in motion;
"the magazine's inaugural issue";
"the initiative phase in the negotiations";
"an initiatory step toward a treaty";
"his first (or maiden) speech in Congress";
"the liner's maiden voyage"
- indicating the beginning unit in a series
- Article Examples
- preceding all others in time or space or degree;
"the first house on the right";
"the first day of spring";
"his first political race";
"her first baby";
"the first time";
"the first meetings of the new party";
"the first phase of his training"
- highest in pitch or chief among parts or voices or instruments or orchestra sections;
"the first violin section";
"played first horn"
- Adverb Examples
- before anything else;
"first we must consider the garter snake"
- the initial time;
"when Felix first saw a garter snake"
- prominently forward;
"he put his best foot foremost"
- before another in time, space, or importance;
"I was here first";
"let's do this job first"
|Abo||a dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived|
|Aboriginal||a dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived|
|Aborigine||a dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived|
|Ace||a serve that the receiver is unable to reach|
|Adept||someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field|
in an intentional manner
"he used that word intentionally"
"I did this by choice"
|Ahead||at or in the front|
"I see the lights of a town ahead"
"the road ahead is foggy"
"staring straight ahead"
"we couldn''t see over the heads of the people in front"
"with the cross of Jesus marching on before"
View all cognitive synonyms for First
|First||the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed at first base|
View English words with the unique letters used in first. Words With The Letters First
|Position||the act of positing|
an assumption taken as a postulate or axiom
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|First (5 letters)||8||8||first|
|Surfeit (7 letters)||10 +2||11 +3||efirstu|
|Strife (6 letters)||9 +1||9 +1||strife|
|Sifter (6 letters)||9 +1||9 +1||strife|
|Resift (6 letters)||9 +1||9 +1||strife|
|Firsts (6 letters)||9 +1||9 +1||firsts|
|Farcist (7 letters)||12 +4||13 +5||farcist|
|Fibster (7 letters)||12 +4||13 +5||fibster|
|Fruits (6 letters)||9 +1||10 +2||fruits|
First Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With F
- Ends With T
- Spelled With / Contains Letters