- Types Of Speech
- You can use second as a article, noun, adverb, adjective satellite or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Second
- A 2 syllables article and 6 letters with the letters c, d, e, n, o, and s, 4 consonants, 2 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letters co. Second starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters s, se, sec, seco, secon, and the ending characters are d, nd, ond, cond, econd, ..
- The fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed near 2nd base
- Old French
- Is second a scrabble word? A 9 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Second in Pig Latin is said as "econdsay or econdsway".
- s | e | c | o | n | d
- se | ec | co | on | nd
- sec | eco | con | ond
- seco | econ | cond
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed near 2nd base
- merchandise that has imperfections;
usually sold at a reduced price without the brand name
- the gear that has the second lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle;
"he had to shift down into second to make the hill"
- a speech seconding a motion;
"do I hear a second?"
- the official attendant of a contestant in a duel or boxing match
- a 60th part of a minute of arc;
"the treasure is 2 minutes and 45 seconds south of here"
- following the first in an ordering or series;
"he came in a close second"
- 1/60 of a minute;
the basic unit of time adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites
- a particular point in time;
"the moment he arrived the party began"
- an indefinitely short time;
"wait just a moment";
"it only takes a minute";
"in just a bit"
- Verb Examples
- transfer an employee to a different, temporary assignment;
"The officer was seconded for duty overseas"
- give support or one's approval to;
"I'll second that motion";
"I can't back this plan";
"endorse a new project"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- having the second highest gear ratio;
- coming next after first;
"a second chance";
"the second vice president"
- coming next after the first in position in space or time or degree or magnitude
- Article Examples
- a part or voice or instrument or orchestra section lower in pitch than or subordinate to the first;
"the second violins"
- Adverb Examples
- in the second place;
"second, we must consider the economy"
|Abetter||one who helps or encourages or incites another|
|Abettor||one who helps or encourages or incites another|
|Accept||tolerate or accommodate oneself to|
"I shall have to accept these unpleasant working conditions"
"I swallowed the insult"
"She has learned to live with her husband''s little idiosyncracies"
|Accredit||give credit for|
"She was not properly credited in the program"
|Ace||a serve that the receiver is unable to reach|
|Acolyte||someone who assists a priest or minister in a liturgical service|
a cleric ordained in the highest of the minor orders in the Roman Catholic Church but not in the Anglican Church or the Eastern Orthodox Churches
|Adept||someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field|
|Adhere||follow through or carry out a plan without deviation|
"They adhered to their plan"
View all cognitive synonyms for Second
|Second||the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed near 2nd base|
View English words with the unique letters used in second. Words With The Letters Cdenos
|Position||the act of positing|
an assumption taken as a postulate or axiom
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Second (6 letters)||9||11||sncdeo|
|Secondo (7 letters)||10 +1||12 +1||secondo|
|Condense (8 letters)||11 +2||14 +3||condense|
|Contused (8 letters)||11 +2||14 +3||contused|
|Seconds (7 letters)||10 +1||12 +1||seconds|
Second Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With S
- Ends With D
- Spelled With / Contains Letters