- Types Of Speech
- You can use guard as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Guard
- A 1 syllables noun and 5 letters with the letters a, d, g, r, and u, 3 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter a. Guard starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters g, gu, gua, guar, and the ending characters are d, rd, ard, uard, ..
- A position on a basketball team
- Middle French
- School Grade
- Guard is set as a grade four word that starts with g, ends with d, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is guard a scrabble word? A 7 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Guard in Pig Latin is said as "uardgay or uardgway".
- g | u | a | r | d
- gu | ua | ar | rd
- gua | uar | ard
- guar | uard
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a position on a basketball team
- a position on the line of scrimmage;
"guards must be good blockers"
- the duty of serving as a sentry;
"he was on guard that night"
- a device designed to prevent injury
- a posture of defence in boxing or fencing;
"keep your guard up"
- the person who plays that position on a football team;
"the left guard was injured on the play"
- a person who keeps watch over something or someone
- the person who plays the position of guard on a basketball team
- Verb Examples
- watch over or shield from danger or harm;
"guard my possessions while I'm away"
- protect against a challenge or attack;
"Hold that position behind the trees!";
"Hold the bridge against the enemy's attacks"
- to keep watch over;
"there would be men guarding the horses"
- take precautions in order to avoid some unwanted consequence;
"guard against becoming too friendly with the staff";
"guard against infection"
|Accompaniment||the act of accompanying someone or something in order to protect them|
|Accompany||perform an accompaniment to|
"The orchestra could barely follow the frequent pitch changes of the soprano"
|Ace||a serve that the receiver is unable to reach|
|Actor||a theatrical performer|
|Adept||someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field|
|Adhere||follow through or carry out a plan without deviation|
"They adhered to their plan"
|Advert||a public promotion of some product or service|
|Advocate||a person who pleads for a cause or propounds an idea|
|Advocator||a person who pleads for a cause or propounds an idea|
View all cognitive synonyms for Guard
|Guard||a position on a basketball team|
|Durga||goddess of war|
a malevolent aspect of Devi
View English words with the unique letters used in guard. Words With The Letters Adgru
|Position||the act of positing|
an assumption taken as a postulate or axiom
|Five||a team that plays basketball|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Guard (5 letters)||7||9||adgru|
|Durga (5 letters)||7||9||adgru|
|Garuda (6 letters)||8 +1||10 +1||garuda|
Guard Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With G
- Ends With D
- Spelled With / Contains Letters