- Types Of Speech
- You can use head as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Head
- A 1 syllables noun and 4 letters with the letters a, d, e, and h, 2 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters ea. Head starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters h, he, hea, and the ending characters are d, ad, ead, ..
- Oral-genital stimulation;
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Head is set as a kindergarten word that starts with h, ends with d, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is head a scrabble word? A 8 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Head in Pig Latin is said as "eadhay or eadhway".
- h | e | a | d
- he | ea | ad
- hea | ead
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- oral-genital stimulation;
- a single domestic animal;
"200 head of cattle"
- a membrane that is stretched taut over a drum
- a projection out from one end;
"the head of the nail", "a pinhead is the head of a pin"
- (nautical) a toilet on board a boat or ship
- the striking part of a tool;
"the head of the hammer"
- (usually plural) an obverse side of a coin that bears the representation of a person's head;
"call heads or tails!"
- (computer science) a tiny electromagnetic coil and metal pole used to write and read magnetic patterns on a disk
- that part of a skeletal muscle that is away from the bone that it moves
- the upper part of the human body or the front part of the body in animals;
contains the face and brains;
"he stuck his head out the window"
- the rounded end of a bone that bits into a rounded cavity in another bone to form a joint;
"the head of the humerus"
- that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings;
the seat of the faculty of reason;
"his mind wandered";
"I couldn't get his words out of my head"
- (grammar) the word in a grammatical constituent that plays the same grammatical role as the whole constituent
- a line of text serving to indicate what the passage below it is about;
"the heading seemed to have little to do with the text"
- the subject matter at issue;
"the question of disease merits serious discussion";
"under the head of minor Roman poets"
- a V-shaped mark at one end of an arrow pointer;
"the point of the arrow was due north"
- forward movement;
"the ship made little headway against the gale"
- a difficult juncture;
"a pretty pass";
"matters came to a head yesterday"
- the front of a military formation or procession;
"the head of the column advanced boldly";
"they were at the head of the attack"
- the source of water from which a stream arises;
"they tracked him back toward the head of the stream"
- the part in the front or nearest the viewer;
"he was in the forefront";
"he was at the head of the column"
- the top of something;
"the head of the stairs";
"the head of the page";
"the head of the list"
- the foam or froth that accumulates at the top when you pour an effervescent liquid into a container;
"the beer had a large head of foam"
- a rounded compact mass;
"the head of a comet"
- a user of (usually soft) drugs;
"the office was full of secret heads"
- a person who is in charge;
"the head of the whole operation"
- an individual person;
"tickets are $5 per head"
- the educator who has executive authority for a school;
"she sent unruly pupils to see the principal"
- the pressure exerted by a fluid;
"a head of steam"
- a dense clusters of flowers or foliage;
"a head of cauliflower";
"a head of lettuce"
- the length or height based on the size of a human or animal head;
"he is two heads taller than his little sister";
"his horse won by a head"
- the tip of an abscess (where the pus accumulates)
- Verb Examples
- remove the head of;
"head the fish"
- direct the course;
determine the direction of travelling
- to go or travel towards;
"where is she heading";
"We were headed for the mountains"
- travel in front of;
go in advance of others;
"The procession was headed by John"
- be in charge of;
"Who is heading this project?"
- form a head or come or grow to a head;
"The wheat headed early this year"
- be in the front of or on top of;
"The list was headed by the name of the president"
- be the first or leading member of (a group) and excel;
"This student heads the class"
- take its rise;
"These rivers head from a mountain range in the Himalayas"
|Abbreviation||shortening something by omitting parts of it|
|Above||appearing earlier in the same text|
"flaws in the above interpretation"
|Abridgement||a shortened version of a written work|
|Abridgment||a shortened version of a written work|
|Absolutely||totally and definitely|
"we are absolutely opposed to the idea"
"he forced himself to lie absolutely still"
"iron is absolutely necessary"
|Abstract||a concept or idea not associated with any specific instance|
"he loved her only in the abstract--not in person"
|Abstraction||a general concept formed by extracting common features from specific examples|
View all cognitive synonyms for Head
View English words with the unique letters used in head. Words With The Letters Adeh
|Perversion||the action of perverting something (turning it to a wrong use)|
"it was a perversion of justice"
View All Names For Head
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Header (6 letters)||10 +2||9 +2||hedera|
|Death (5 letters)||9 +1||8 +1||death|
|Head (4 letters)||8||7||head|
|Jehad (5 letters)||16 +8||17 +10||jehad|
|Haldea (6 letters)||10 +2||10 +3||haldea|
|Handle (6 letters)||10 +2||11 +4||handle|
|Thread (6 letters)||10 +2||9 +2||hatred|
|Shade (5 letters)||9 +1||8 +1||hades|
|Shades (6 letters)||10 +2||9 +2||adehss|
|Dearth (6 letters)||10 +2||9 +2||hatred|
|Hades (5 letters)||9 +1||8 +1||hades|
|Herald (6 letters)||10 +2||10 +3||herald|
|Daleth (6 letters)||10 +2||10 +3||daleth|
|Lamedh (6 letters)||12 +4||13 +6||adehlm|
|Sadhe (5 letters)||9 +1||8 +1||hades|
|Handel (6 letters)||10 +2||11 +4||handle|
|Hatred (6 letters)||10 +2||9 +2||hatred|
|Haredi (6 letters)||10 +2||9 +2||haredi|
|Jeddah (6 letters)||18 +10||19 +12||jeddah|
|Hedjaz (6 letters)||26 +18||27 +20||hedjaz|
|Hyades (6 letters)||13 +5||11 +4||hyades|
|Daphne (6 letters)||12 +4||13 +6||daphne|
|Hedera (6 letters)||10 +2||9 +2||hedera|
|Hexad (5 letters)||16 +8||15 +8||hexad|
|Heptad (6 letters)||12 +4||12 +5||heptad|
Head Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With H
- Ends With D
- Spelled With / Contains Letters