- Types Of Speech
- You can use imperfect as a article, noun or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Imperfect
- A 3 syllables article and 9 letters with the letters c, e, f, i, m, p, r, and t, 6 consonants, 3 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letter r. Imperfect starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters i, im, imp, impe, imper, and the ending characters are t, ct, ect, fect, rfect, ..
- A tense of verbs used in describing action that is on-going
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Imperfect is set as a grade six word that starts with i, ends with t, 3 syllables, 3 vowels and 9 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Imperfect in Pig Latin is said as "imperfectay or imperfectway".
- i | m | p | e | r | f | e | c | t
- im | mp | pe | er | rf | fe | ec | ct
- imp | mpe | per | erf | rfe | fec | ect
- impe | mper | perf | erfe | rfec | fect
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a tense of verbs used in describing action that is on-going
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- having the attributes of man as opposed to e.g. divine beings;
"I'm only human";
- Article Examples
- not perfect;
defective or inadequate;
"had only an imperfect understanding of his responsibilities";
"drainage here is imperfect"
|Adulterate||corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance|
often by replacing valuable ingredients with inferior ones
|Adulterated||mixed with impurities|
|Afflicted||mentally or physically unfit|
|Aggravated||incited, especially deliberately, to anger|
"aggravated by passive resistance"
"the provoked animal attacked the child"
|Amiss||in an imperfect or faulty way|
"The lobe was imperfectly developed"
"Miss Bennet would not play at all amiss if she practiced more"- Jane Austen
|Annoyed||aroused to impatience or anger|
"made an irritated gesture"
"feeling nettled from the constant teasing"
"peeved about being left out"
"felt really pissed at her snootiness"
"riled no end by his lies"
"roiled by the delay"
|Aorist||a verb tense in some languages (classical Greek and Sanskrit) expressing action (especially past action) without indicating its completion or continuation|
|Assorted||consisting of a haphazard assortment of different kinds (even to the point of incongruity)|
"an arrangement of assorted spring flowers"
"a mixed program of baroque and contemporary music"
"a motley crew"
|Bad||that which is below standard or expectations as of ethics or decency|
"take the bad with the good"
|Base||a support or foundation|
"the base of the lamp"
View all cognitive synonyms for Imperfect
|Imperfect||a tense of verbs used in describing action that is on-going|
View English words with the unique letters used in imperfect. Words With The Letters Cefimprt
|Tense||a grammatical category of verbs used to express distinctions of time|
|Future Progressive Tense|
|Past Progressive Tense|
|Present Progressive Tense|
Imperfect Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With I
- Ends With T
- Spelled With / Contains Letters