- Types Of Speech
- You can use iris as a noun in a sentence.
- About Iris
- A 2 syllables noun and 4 letters with the letters i, r, and s, 2 consonants, 2 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letters ri. Iris starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters i, ir, iri, and the ending characters are s, is, ris, ..
- Diaphragm consisting of thin overlapping plates that can be adjusted to change the diameter of a central opening
- Middle English
- Is iris a scrabble word? A 4 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Iris in Pig Latin is said as "irisay or irisway".
- i | r | i | s
- ir | ri | is
- iri | ris
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- diaphragm consisting of thin overlapping plates that can be adjusted to change the diameter of a central opening
- muscular diaphragm that controls the size of the pupil;
it forms the colored portion of the eye
- plants with sword-shaped leaves and erect stalks bearing bright-colored flowers composed of three petals and three drooping sepals
|Acid||street name for lysergic acid diethylamide|
|Andiron||metal supports for logs in a fireplace|
"the andirons were too hot to touch"
|Band||something elongated that is worn around the body or one of the limbs|
|Banding||a strip or stripe of a contrasting color or material|
|Bar||the act of preventing|
"there was no bar against leaving"
"money was allocated to study the cause and prevention of influenza"
View all cognitive synonyms for Iris
|Iris||diaphragm consisting of thin overlapping plates that can be adjusted to change the diameter of a central opening|
View English words with the unique letters used in iris. Words With The Letters Irs
|Diaphragm||a mechanical device in a camera that controls size of aperture of the lens|
"the new cameras adjust the diaphragm automatically"
|Stop||a brief stay in the course of a journey|
"they made a stopover to visit their friends"
View All Names For Iris
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Raise (5 letters)||5 +1||5 +1||aries|
|Stride (6 letters)||7 +3||7 +3||stride|
|Safari (6 letters)||9 +5||9 +5||safari|
|Cruise (6 letters)||8 +4||10 +6||cruise|
|Rise (4 letters)||4||4||rise|
|Circus (6 letters)||10 +6||13 +9||circus|
|Stir (4 letters)||4||4||stir|
|Tsuris (6 letters)||6 +2||7 +3||tsuris|
|First (5 letters)||8 +4||8 +4||first|
|Shiver (6 letters)||12 +8||12 +8||ehirsv|
|Bris (4 letters)||6 +2||7 +3||bris|
|Briss (5 letters)||7 +3||8 +4||briss|
|Shrift (6 letters)||12 +8||11 +7||shrift|
|Strife (6 letters)||9 +5||9 +5||strife|
|Sire (4 letters)||4||4||rise|
|Virus (5 letters)||8 +4||10 +6||virus|
|Isurus (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +4||isurus|
|Strix (5 letters)||12 +8||12 +8||strix|
|Acris (5 letters)||7 +3||8 +4||acris|
|Sauria (6 letters)||6 +2||7 +3||aairsu|
|Sitter (6 letters)||6 +2||6 +2||triste|
|Cirrus (6 letters)||8 +4||10 +6||cirrus|
|Rissa (5 letters)||5 +1||5 +1||rissa|
|Sciara (6 letters)||8 +4||9 +5||sciara|
|Gerris (6 letters)||7 +3||8 +4||gerris|
Iris Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With I
- Ends With S
- Spelled With / Contains Letters