- Types Of Speech
- You can use lay as a noun, adjective satellite or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Lay
- A 1 syllables noun and 3 letters with the letters a, l, and y, 2 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter a. Lay starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters l, la, and the ending characters are y, ay, ..
- A narrative poem of popular origin
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Lay is set as a grade two word that starts with l, ends with y, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 3 letters.
- Is lay a scrabble word? A 6 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Lay in Pig Latin is said as "aylay or aylway".
- l | a | y
- la | ay
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a narrative poem of popular origin
- a narrative song with a recurrent refrain
- Verb Examples
- put into a certain place or abstract location;
"Put your things here";
"Set the tray down";
"Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children";
"Place emphasis on a certain point"
- put in a horizontal position;
"lay the books on the table";
"lay the patient carefully onto the bed"
- lay eggs;
"This hen doesn't lay"
- prepare or position for action or operation;
"lay a fire";
"lay the foundation for a new health care plan"
- impose as a duty, burden, or punishment;
"lay a responsibility on someone"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- not of or from a profession;
"a lay opinion as to the cause of the disease"
- concerning those not members of the clergy;
"set his collar in laic rather than clerical position";
"the lay ministry";
"the choir sings both sacred and secular music"
|Abate||become less in amount or intensity|
"The storm abated"
"The rain let up after a few hours"
|Accommodate||make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose|
"Adapt our native cuisine to the available food resources of the new country"
|Accredit||give credit for|
"She was not properly credited in the program"
|Adjust||adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions|
"We must adjust to the bad economic situation"
|Advance||the act of moving forward toward a goal|
|Advancement||gradual improvement or growth or development|
"advancement of knowledge"
"great progress in the arts"
|Aeroplane||an aircraft that has a fixed wing and is powered by propellers or jets|
"the flight was delayed due to trouble with the airplane"
|Affectation||a deliberate pretense or exaggerated display|
View all cognitive synonyms for Lay
|Lay||a narrative poem of popular origin|
View English words with the unique letters used in lay. Words With The Letters Aly
|Poem||a composition written in metrical feet forming rhythmical lines|
|Edda||either of two distinct works in Old Icelandic dating from the late 13th century and consisting of 34 mythological and heroic ballads composed between 800 and 1200;|
the primary source for Scandanavian mythology
View All Names For Lay
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Lally (5 letters)||8 +2||10 +4||allly|
|Lay (3 letters)||6||6||lay|
|Ally (4 letters)||7 +1||8 +2||ally|
|Allyl (5 letters)||8 +2||10 +4||allly|
|Allay (5 letters)||8 +2||9 +3||allay|
|Lazy (4 letters)||16 +10||16 +10||lazy|
|Aly (3 letters)||6||6||lay|
Lay Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With L
- Ends With Y
- Spelled With / Contains Letters