- Types Of Speech
- You can use put as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Put
- A 1 syllables noun and 3 letters with the letters p, t, and u, 2 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter u. Put starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters p, pu, and the ending characters are t, ut, ..
- The option to sell a given stock (or stock index or commodity future) at a given price before a given date
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Put is set as a kindergarten word that starts with p, ends with t, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 3 letters.
- Is put a scrabble word? A 5 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Put in Pig Latin is said as "utpay or utpway".
- p | u | t
- pu | ut
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the option to sell a given stock (or stock index or commodity future) at a given price before a given date
- Verb Examples
"We put the time of arrival at 8 P.M."
- arrange thoughts, ideas, temporal events, etc.;
"arrange my schedule";
"set up one's life";
"I put these memories with those of bygone times"
- formulate in a particular style or language;
"I wouldn't put it that way";
"She cast her request in very polite language"
- attribute or give;
"She put too much emphasis on her the last statement";
"He put all his efforts into this job";
"The teacher put an interesting twist to the interpretation of the story"
- cause to be in a certain state;
cause to be in a certain relation;
"That song put me in awful good humor"
- put into a certain place or abstract location;
"put your things here";
"Set the tray down";
"Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children";
"Place emphasis on a certain point"
"put these words to music"
- cause (someone) to undergo something;
"He put her to the torture"
- make an investment;
"put money into bonds"
|Advise||give advice to|
"The teacher counsels troubled students"
"The lawyer counselled me when I was accused of tax fraud"
|Aerial||a pass to a receiver downfield from the passer|
|Affectation||a deliberate pretense or exaggerated display|
|Affectedness||a deliberate pretense or exaggerated display|
|Affirm||establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts|
"his story confirmed my doubts"
"The evidence supports the defendant"
|Air||travel via aircraft|
"air travel involves too much waiting in airports"
"if you''ve time to spare go by air"
|Allege||report or maintain|
"He alleged that he was the victim of a crime"
"He said it was too late to intervene in the war"
"The registrar says that I owe the school money"
|Announce||announce publicly or officially|
"The President declared war"
View all cognitive synonyms for Put
|Call||the option to buy a given stock (or stock index or commodity future) at a given price before a given date|
|Put||the option to sell a given stock (or stock index or commodity future) at a given price before a given date|
|Tup||uncastrated adult male sheep|
"a British term is `tup''"
View English words with the unique letters used in put. Words With The Letters Ptu
|Option||the act of choosing or selecting|
"your choice of colors was unfortunate"
"you can take your pick"
|Straddle||the option to buy or sell a given stock (or stock index or commodity future) at a given price before a given date;|
consists of an equal number of put and call options
View All Names For Put
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Put (3 letters)||5||7||put|
|Punt (4 letters)||6 +1||9 +2||punt|
|Putt (4 letters)||6 +1||8 +1||putt|
|Thump (5 letters)||12 +7||14 +7||thump|
|Tup (3 letters)||5||7||put|
|Pout (4 letters)||6 +1||8 +1||pout|
|Getup (5 letters)||8 +3||11 +4||getup|
|Toupe (5 letters)||7 +2||9 +2||toupe|
|Tupik (5 letters)||11 +6||13 +6||tupik|
|Tupek (5 letters)||11 +6||13 +6||tupek|
|Taupe (5 letters)||7 +2||9 +2||taupe|
|Putz (4 letters)||15 +10||17 +10||putz|
|Caput (5 letters)||9 +4||12 +5||tupac|
|Input (5 letters)||7 +2||10 +3||punit|
|Tupi (4 letters)||6 +1||8 +1||tipu|
|Pluto (5 letters)||7 +2||10 +3||pluto|
|Piute (5 letters)||7 +2||9 +2||piute|
|Putin (5 letters)||7 +2||10 +3||punit|
|Tulip (5 letters)||7 +2||10 +3||ilptu|
|Tipu (4 letters)||6 +1||8 +1||tipu|
|Putty (5 letters)||10 +5||11 +4||putty|
|Letup (5 letters)||7 +2||10 +3||letup|
|Up To (5 letters)|
|Unapt (5 letters)||7 +2||10 +3||tuanp|
|Cutup (5 letters)||9 +4||13 +6||cutup|
Put Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With P
- Ends With T
- Spelled With / Contains Letters