- Types Of Speech
- You can use left as a article, noun or as a adverb in a sentence.
- About Left
- A 1 syllables article and 4 letters with the letters e, f, l, and t, 3 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters ef. Left starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters l, le, lef, and the ending characters are t, ft, eft, ..
- A turn to the left; "take a left at the corner"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Left is set as a kindergarten word that starts with l, ends with t, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is left a scrabble word? A 7 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Left in Pig Latin is said as "eftlay or eftlway".
- l | e | f | t
- le | ef | ft
- lef | eft
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a turn to the left;
"take a left at the corner"
- the piece of ground in the outfield on the catcher's left
- the hand that is on the left side of the body;
"jab with your left"
- those who support varying degrees of social or political or economic change designed to promote the public welfare
- location near or direction toward the left side;
i.e. the side to the north when a person or object faces east;
"she stood on the left"
- Article Examples
- of or belonging to the political or intellectual left
- being or located on or directed toward the side of the body to the west when facing north;
"my left hand";
"left center field";
"the left bank of a river is bank on your left side when you are facing downstream"
- Adverb Examples
- toward or on the left;
also used figuratively;
"he looked right and left";
"the political party has moved left"
|Abandoned||left desolate or empty|
"an abandoned child"
"their deserted wives and children"
"an abandoned shack"
|Anticlockwise||in the direction opposite to the rotation of the hands of a clock|
|Approach||the act of drawing spatially closer to something|
"the hunter''s approach scattered the geese"
|Baleful||threatening or foreshadowing evil or tragic developments|
"a baleful look"
"his tone became menacing"
"ominous rumblings of discontent"
"sinister storm clouds"
"a sinister smile"
"his threatening behavior"
"ugly black clo
|Base||a support or foundation|
"the base of the lamp"
View all cognitive synonyms for Left
|Left||a turn to the left|
"take a left at the corner"
|Felt||a fabric made of compressed matted animal fibers|
View English words with the unique letters used in left. Words With The Letters Eflt
|Turn||taking a short walk out and back|
"we took a turn in the park"
|Turning||act of changing in practice or custom|
"the law took many turnings over the years"
View All Names For Left
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Left (4 letters)||7||8||left|
|Delft (5 letters)||9 +2||10 +2||delft|
|Felt (4 letters)||7||8||left|
|Flute (5 letters)||8 +1||10 +2||flute|
|Fealty (6 letters)||12 +5||12 +4||fealty|
|FLETC (5 letters)||10 +3||12 +4||cleft|
|Fleet (5 letters)||8 +1||9 +1||eeflt|
|Cleft (5 letters)||10 +3||12 +4||cleft|
|Lefty (5 letters)||11 +4||11 +3||lefty|
|Fettle (6 letters)||9 +2||10 +2||fettle|
|Felted (6 letters)||10 +3||11 +3||deeflt|
|Fetal (5 letters)||8 +1||9 +1||flate|
|Deftly (6 letters)||13 +6||13 +5||deftly|
|Featly (6 letters)||12 +5||12 +4||fealty|
|Taffel (6 letters)||12 +5||13 +5||taffel|
|Fluted (6 letters)||10 +3||12 +4||fluted|
Left Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With L
- Ends With T
- Spelled With / Contains Letters