- Types Of Speech
- You can use liquid as a article, noun or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Liquid
- A 2 syllables article and 6 letters with the letters d, i, l, q, and u, 3 consonants, 3 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letters qu. Liquid starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters l, li, liq, liqu, liqui, and the ending characters are d, id, uid, quid, iquid, ..
- A frictionless non-nasal continuant (especially `l'' and `r'')
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Liquid is set as a grade four word that starts with l, ends with d, 2 syllables, 3 vowels and 6 letters.
- Is liquid a scrabble word? A 16 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Liquid in Pig Latin is said as "iquidlay or iquidlway".
- l | i | q | u | i | d
- li | iq | qu | ui | id
- liq | iqu | qui | uid
- liqu | iqui | quid
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a frictionless non-nasal continuant (especially `l' and `r')
- a substance in the fluid state of matter having no fixed shape but a fixed volume
- a substance that is liquid at room temperature and pressure
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- clear and bright;
"the liquid air of a spring morning";
"eyes shining with a liquid luster";
"limpid blue eyes"
- in cash or easily convertible to cash;
"liquid (or fluid) assets"
- smooth and unconstrained in movement;
"a long, smooth stride";
"the fluid motion of a cat";
"the liquid grace of a ballerina";
lacking any hint of hardness;
"the liquid stillness of the night enveloping him";
"the liquid brown eyes of a spaniel"
- smooth and flowing in quality;
entirely free of harshness;
"the liquid song of a robin"
- Article Examples
- changed from a solid to a liquid state;
"rivers filled to overflowing by melted snow"
- existing as or having characteristics of a liquid;
especially tending to flow;
"water and milk and blood are liquid substances"
|Abaxial||facing away from the axis of an organ or organism|
"the abaxial surface of a leaf is the underside or side facing away from the stem"
|Accented||used of syllables or musical beats|
|Adjustment||the act of making something different (as e.g. the size of a garment)|
|Allophone||(linguistics) any of various acoustically different forms of the same phoneme|
|Alteration||the act of making something different (as e.g. the size of a garment)|
|Alveolar||a consonant articulated with the tip of the tongue near the gum ridge|
|Answer||a nonverbal reaction|
"his answer to any problem was to get drunk"
"their answer was to sue me"
|Apartment||a suite of rooms usually on one floor of an apartment house|
View all cognitive synonyms for Liquid
|Liquid||a frictionless non-nasal continuant (especially `l'' and `r'')|
View English words with the unique letters used in liquid. Words With The Letters Dilqu
|Continuant||consonant articulated by constricting (but not closing) the vocal tract|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Liquid (6 letters)||16||18||liquid|
|Liquidy (7 letters)||20 +4||21 +3||liquidy|
Liquid Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With L
- Ends With D
- Spelled With / Contains Letters