- Types Of Speech
- You can use lugubrious as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Lugubrious
- A 4 syllables adjective satellite and 10 letters with the letters b, g, i, l, o, r, s, and u, 5 consonants, 5 vowels and 4 syllables with the middle letters br. Lugubrious starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters l, lu, lug, lugu, lugub, and the ending characters are s, us, ous, ious, rious, ..
- Excessively mournful
- School Grade
- Lugubrious is set as a sat word that starts with l, ends with s, 4 syllables, 5 vowels and 10 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Lugubrious in Pig Latin is said as "ugubriouslay or ugubriouslway".
- l | u | g | u | b | r | i | o | u | s
- lu | ug | gu | ub | br | ri | io | ou | us
- lug | ugu | gub | ubr | bri | rio | iou | ous
- lugu | ugub | gubr | ubri | brio | riou | ious
- Word Gram
|Anguished||experiencing intense pain especially mental pain|
"an anguished conscience"
"a small tormented schoolboy"
"a tortured witness to another''s humiliation"
|Black||black clothing (worn as a sign of mourning)|
"the widow wore black"
|Bleak||offering little or no hope|
"the future looked black"
"prospects were bleak"
"Life in the Aran Islands has always been bleak and difficult"- J.M.Synge
"took a dim view of things"
|Blue||any of numerous small chiefly blue butterflies of the family Lycaenidae|
|Careworn||showing the wearing effects of overwork or care or suffering|
"looking careworn as she bent over her mending"
"her face was drawn and haggard from sleeplessness"
"that raddled but still noble face"
"shocked to see the worn look of his handsome young fa
"something cheerless about the room"
"a moody and uncheerful person"
"an uncheerful place"
|Contrite||feeling regret for a fault or offence|
|Dangerous||causing fear or anxiety by threatening great harm|
"a dangerous operation"
"a grave situation"
"a grave illness"
"grievous bodily harm"
"a serious wound"
"a serious turn of events"
"a severe case of pneumonia"
"a life-threatening disease"
|Dark||an unenlightened state|
"he was in the dark concerning their intentions"
"his lectures dispelled the darkness"
View all cognitive synonyms for Lugubrious
View English words with the unique letters used in lugubrious. Words With The Letters Bgilorsu
|Sorrowful||experiencing or marked by or expressing sorrow especially that associated with irreparable loss;|
"a sorrowful tale of death and despair";
"even in laughter the heart is sorrowful"- Proverbs 14:13
Lugubrious Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With L
- Ends With S
- Spelled With / Contains Letters