- Types Of Speech
- You can use modern as a article, noun or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Modern
- A 2 syllables article and 6 letters with the letters d, e, m, n, o, and r, 4 consonants, 2 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letters de. Modern starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters m, mo, mod, mode, moder, and the ending characters are n, rn, ern, dern, odern, ..
- A typeface (based on an 18th century design by Gianbattista Bodoni) distinguished by regular shape and hairline serifs and heavy downstrokes
- Middle French
- Compound Words
- A compound word, modern has more than one word within it. There's 2 words which are mod, and ern.
- School Grade
- Modern is set as a grade six word that starts with m, ends with n, 2 syllables, 2 vowels and 6 letters.
- Is modern a scrabble word? A 9 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Modern in Pig Latin is said as "odernmay or odernmway".
- m | o | d | e | r | n
- mo | od | de | er | rn
- mod | ode | der | ern
- mode | oder | dern
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a typeface (based on an 18th century design by Gianbattista Bodoni) distinguished by regular shape and hairline serifs and heavy downstrokes
- a contemporary person
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- characteristic of present-day art and music and literature and architecture
- used of a living language;
being the current stage in its development;
"New Hebrew is Israeli Hebrew"
- relating to a recently developed fashion or style;
"their offices are in a modern skyscraper";
"tables in modernistic designs";
- ahead of the times;
"the advanced teaching methods";
"had advanced views on the subject";
"a forward-looking corporation";
"is British industry innovative enough?"
- Article Examples
- belonging to the modern era;
since the Middle Ages;
"totem poles are modern rather than prehistoric"
|Accompaniment||the act of accompanying someone or something in order to protect them|
|Actual||presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible|
"the predicted temperature and the actual temperature were markedly different"
"actual and imagined conditions"
|Adolescent||a juvenile between the onset of puberty and maturity|
|Advanced||(of societies) highly developed especially in technology or industry|
"an advanced country technologically"
|All The Rage|
|All The Thing|
|Arrival||accomplishment of an objective|
|Arriver||someone who arrives (or has arrived)|
|Arriviste||a person who has suddenly risen to a higher economic status but has not gained social acceptance of others in that class|
View all cognitive synonyms for Modern
|Old Style Font|
|Modern||a typeface (based on an 18th century design by Gianbattista Bodoni) distinguished by regular shape and hairline serifs and heavy downstrokes|
View English words with the unique letters used in modern. Words With The Letters Demnor
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Endoderm (8 letters)||12 +3||14 +3||ddeemnor|
|Entoderm (8 letters)||11 +2||13 +2||deemnort|
|Doberman (8 letters)||13 +4||16 +5||doberman|
|Demeanor (8 letters)||11 +2||13 +2||demeanor|
|Syndrome (8 letters)||14 +5||15 +4||syndrome|
|Modern (6 letters)||9||11||modern|
|Mosander (8 letters)||11 +2||13 +2||mosander|
|Marooned (8 letters)||11 +2||13 +2||marooned|
|Ransomed (8 letters)||11 +2||13 +2||mosander|
|Enamored (8 letters)||11 +2||13 +2||demeanor|
|Moderne (7 letters)||10 +1||12 +1||moderne|
|Unmoored (8 letters)||11 +2||14 +3||unmoored|
|Mordent (7 letters)||10 +1||12 +1||mordent|
|Mandore (7 letters)||10 +1||12 +1||mandore|
|Demonry (7 letters)||13 +4||14 +3||demonry|
|Morendo (7 letters)||10 +1||12 +1||morendo|
|Densmore (8 letters)||11 +2||13 +2||densmore|
Modern Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With M
- Ends With N
- Spelled With / Contains Letters