- Middle English
- Type Of Speech
- You can use new as a article, adverb or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- School Grade
- New is set as a kindergarten word that starts with n, ends with w, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 3 letters.
- Word Information
- A 1 syllables article with the letters e, n and w, 2 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables. The starting characters are n, ne, and ending characters are w, ew, with 3 letters..
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- (often followed by `to') unfamiliar;
"experiences new to him";
"errors of someone new to the job"
- having no previous example or precedent or parallel;
"a time of unexampled prosperity"
- (of crops) harvested at an early stage of development;
before complete maturity;
- used of a living language;
being the current stage in its development;
"new Hebrew is Israeli Hebrew"
- in use after Medieval times;
"new Eqyptian was the language of the 18th to 21st dynasties"
- lacking training or experience;
"the new men were eager to fight";
"he was still wet behind the ears when he shipped as a hand on a merchant vessel"
- of a kind not seen before;
"the computer produced a completely novel proof of a well-known theorem"
- of a new (often outrageous) kind or fashion
- unaffected by use or exposure;
"it looks like new"
- Article Examples
- not of long duration;
having just (or relatively recently) come into being or been made or acquired or discovered;
"a new law";
"a new comet";
"a new friend";
"a new year";
"the new World"
- Adverb Examples
- very recently;
"they are newly married";
"newly raised objections";
"a newly arranged hairdo";
"grass new washed by the rain";
"a freshly cleaned floor";
"we are fresh out of tomatoes"
|Accessory||a supplementary component that improves capability|
|Actual||presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible|
"the predicted temperature and the actual temperature were markedly different"
"actual and imagined conditions"
|Added||combined or joined to increase in size or quantity or scope|
"takes on added significance"
"an added attraction"
|Addition||the act of adding one thing to another|
"the addition of flowers created a pleasing effect"
"the addition of a leap day every four years"
|Additional||existing or coming by way of addition|
"an additional problem"
"there will be further delays"
"took more time"
|Adjunct||a construction that is part of a sentence but not essential to its meaning and can be omitted without making the sentence ungrammatical|
|Adjuvant||an additive that enhances the effectiveness of medical treatment|
View all cognitive synonyms for New
|Wen||a common cyst of the skin|
filled with fatty matter (sebum) that is secreted by a sebaceous gland that has been blocked
|New||(often followed by `to'') unfamiliar|
"experiences new to him"
"errors of someone new to the job"
View English words with the unique letters used in new. Words With The Letters Enw
View All Names For New
|Unaccustomed||not habituated to;|
"unaccustomed to wearing suits"
New Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With N
- Ends With W
- Spelled With / Contains Letters
Found In These Quantum Lists!
Word Finder Social Comments.
You guys and gals are all awesome. Please read the about page to learn who I am, and how this word finding tool works behind the scenes. This is a free word website, made by one dude. If you are not happy with this free website, I ask that you please send feedback or comment your thoughts below. Your constructive and kind criticism is appreciated.
Thank you for visting. I will be adding a comments tool for all writers, authors and members to interact and associate yourselves with words!
All comments will be moderated by authorized editors.