- Types Of Speech
- You can use monosyllable as a noun in a sentence.
- About Monosyllable
- A 5 syllables noun and 12 letters with the letters a, b, e, l, m, n, o, s, and y, 8 consonants, 4 vowels and 5 syllables with the middle letters yl. Monosyllable starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters m, mo, mon, mono, monos, and the ending characters are e, le, ble, able, lable, . Monosyllable is also a double consonant (ll) word. View the double consonant words list.
- A word or utterance of one syllable
- Compound Words
- A compound word, monosyllable has more than one word within it. There's 2 words which are mono, and syllable.
- School Grade
- Monosyllable is set as a sat word that starts with m, ends with e, 5 syllables, 4 vowels and 12 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Monosyllable in Pig Latin is said as "onosyllablemay or onosyllablemway".
- m | o | n | o | s | y | l | l | a | b | l | e
- mo | on | no | os | sy | yl | ll | la | ab | bl | le
- mon | ono | nos | osy | syl | yll | lla | lab | abl | ble
- mono | onos | nosy | osyl | syll | ylla | llab | labl | able
- Word Gram
|Antonym||two words that express opposing concepts|
"to him the opposite of gay was depressed"
|Articulation||the act of joining things in such a way that motion is possible|
|Custom||accepted or habitual practice|
|Expression||the act of forcing something out by squeezing or pressing|
"the expression of juice from an orange"
|Homograph||two words are homographs if they are spelled the same way but differ in meaning (e.g. fair)|
|Homonym||two words are homonyms if they are pronounced or spelled the same way but have different meanings|
|Homophone||two words are homophones if they are pronounced the same way but differ in meaning or spelling or both (e.g. bare and bear)|
View all cognitive synonyms for Monosyllable
|Monosyllable||a word or utterance of one syllable|
View English words with the unique letters used in monosyllable. Words With The Letters Abelmnosy
|Word||a unit of language that native speakers can identify|
"words are the blocks from which sentences are made"
"he hardly said ten words all morning"
Monosyllable Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With M
- Ends With E