- Types Of Speech
- You can use now as a noun or as a adverb in a sentence.
- About Now
- A 1 syllables noun and 3 letters with the letters n, o, and w, 2 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter o. Now starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters n, no, and the ending characters are w, ow, ..
- The momentary present; "Now is a good time to do it"; "it worked up to right now"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Now is set as a kindergarten word that starts with n, ends with w, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 3 letters.
- Is now a scrabble word? A 6 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Now in Pig Latin is said as "ownay or ownway".
- n | o | w
- no | ow
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the momentary present;
"now is a good time to do it";
"it worked up to right now"
- Adverb Examples
- in these times;
"it is solely by their language that the upper classes nowadays are distinguished"- Nancy Mitford;
"we now rarely see horse-drawn vehicles on city streets";
"today almost every home has television"
- without delay or hesitation;
with no time intervening;
"he answered immediately";
"found an answer straightaway";
"an official accused of dishonesty should be suspended forthwith";
"Come here now!"
- used to preface a command or reproof or request;
"now hear this!";
"now pay attention"
- at the present moment;
"goods now on sale";
"the now-aging dictator";
"they are now abroad";
"he is busy at present writing a new novel";
"it could happen any time now"
- in the historical present;
at this point in the narration of a series of past events;
"President Kennedy now calls in the National Guard";
"Washington now decides to cross the Delaware";
"the ship is now listing to port"
- in the immediate past;
"told me just now"
- (prefatory or transitional) indicates a change of subject or activity;
"now the next problem is..."
|Advanced||(of societies) highly developed especially in technology or industry|
"an advanced country technologically"
|All At Once|
|All Of A Sudden|
|AS||a United States territory on the eastern part of the island of Samoa|
|As Long As|
|As Of Now|
|As Things Are|
|At A Blow|
View all cognitive synonyms for Now
|Won||the basic unit of money in North Korea|
|Now||the momentary present|
"Now is a good time to do it"
"it worked up to right now"
|Own||have ownership or possession of|
"He owns three houses in Florida"
"How many cars does she have?"
View English words with the unique letters used in now. Words With The Letters Now
|Nowadays||the period of time that is happening now|
any continuous stretch of time including the moment of speech
"that is enough for the present"
"he lives in the present with no thought of tomorrow"
|Present||a verb tense that expresses actions or states at the time of speaking|
View All Names For Now
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Down (4 letters)||8 +2||9 +2||down|
|Lowan (5 letters)||8 +2||10 +3||lowan|
|Wagon (5 letters)||9 +3||11 +4||wagon|
|Gown (4 letters)||8 +2||10 +3||gown|
|Woman (5 letters)||10 +4||12 +5||woman|
|Wilno (5 letters)||8 +2||10 +3||wilno|
|Woden (5 letters)||9 +3||10 +3||nowed|
|Wodan (5 letters)||9 +3||10 +3||adown|
|Iowan (5 letters)||8 +2||9 +2||ainow|
|Clown (5 letters)||10 +4||13 +6||clown|
|Wonk (4 letters)||11 +5||12 +5||know|
|Owen (4 letters)||7 +1||8 +1||owen|
|Won (3 letters)||6||7||own|
|Now (3 letters)||6||7||own|
|Know (4 letters)||11 +5||12 +5||know|
|Endow (5 letters)||9 +3||10 +3||nowed|
|Own (3 letters)||6||7||own|
|Downy (5 letters)||12 +6||12 +5||downy|
|Blown (5 letters)||10 +4||13 +6||blown|
|Owned (5 letters)||9 +3||10 +3||nowed|
|Known (5 letters)||12 +6||14 +7||known|
|Mown (4 letters)||9 +3||11 +4||mown|
|Wonky (5 letters)||15 +9||15 +8||wonky|
|Nohow (5 letters)||11 +5||11 +4||nohow|
|Owing (5 letters)||9 +3||11 +4||owing|
Now Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With N
- Ends With W
- Spelled With / Contains Letters