- Types Of Speech
- You can use pertinacious as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Pertinacious
- A 4 syllables adjective satellite and 12 letters with the letters a, c, e, i, n, o, p, r, s, t, and u, 6 consonants, 6 vowels and 4 syllables with the middle letters na. Pertinacious starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters p, pe, per, pert, perti, and the ending characters are s, us, ous, ious, cious, ..
- Stubbornly unyielding; "dogged persistence"; "dour determination"; "the most vocal and pertinacious of all the critics"; "a mind not gifted to discover truth but tenacious to hold it"- T.S.Eliot; "men tenacious of opinion"
- School Grade
- Pertinacious is set as a sat word that starts with p, ends with s, 4 syllables, 6 vowels and 12 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Pertinacious in Pig Latin is said as "ertinaciouspay or ertinaciouspway".
- p | e | r | t | i | n | a | c | i | o | u | s
- pe | er | rt | ti | in | na | ac | ci | io | ou | us
- per | ert | rti | tin | ina | nac | aci | cio | iou | ous
- pert | erti | rtin | tina | inac | naci | acio | ciou | ious
- Word Gram
|Absorbed||taken in through the pores of a surface|
"the absorbed water expanded the sponge"
|Adamant||very hard native crystalline carbon valued as a gem|
|Adamantine||not capable of being swayed or diverted from a course|
unsusceptible to persuasion
"he is adamant in his refusal to change his mind"
"Cynthia was inexorable
she would have none of him"- W.Churchill
"an intransigent conservative opposed to every libera
|Anguished||experiencing intense pain especially mental pain|
"an anguished conscience"
"a small tormented schoolboy"
"a tortured witness to another''s humiliation"
|Annoyed||aroused to impatience or anger|
"made an irritated gesture"
"feeling nettled from the constant teasing"
"peeved about being left out"
"felt really pissed at her snootiness"
"riled no end by his lies"
"roiled by the delay"
|Appealing||able to attract interest or draw favorable attention|
"He added an appealing and memorable figure to popular American mythology"- Vincent Starrett
"an appealing sense of humor"
"the idea of having enough money to retire at fifty is very appealing"
|Assiduous||marked by care and persistent effort|
"her assiduous attempts to learn French"
"sedulous pursuit of legal and moral principles"
View all cognitive synonyms for Pertinacious
"the most vocal and pertinacious of all the critics"
"a mind not gifted to discover truth but tenacious to hold it"- T.S.Eliot
"men tenacious of opinion"
View English words with the unique letters used in pertinacious. Words With The Letters Aceinoprstu
|Stubborn||persisting in a reactionary stand|
Pertinacious Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With P
- Ends With S