- Types Of Speech
- You can use present as a article, noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Present
- A 2 syllables article and 7 letters with the letters e, n, p, r, s, and t, 5 consonants, 2 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letter s. Present starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters p, pr, pre, pres, prese, and the ending characters are t, nt, ent, sent, esent, ..
- A verb tense that expresses actions or states at the time of speaking
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Present is set as a kindergarten word that starts with p, ends with t, 2 syllables, 2 vowels and 7 letters.
- Is present a scrabble word? A 9 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Present in Pig Latin is said as "esentpray or esentprway".
- p | r | e | s | e | n | t
- pr | re | es | se | en | nt
- pre | res | ese | sen | ent
- pres | rese | esen | sent
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a verb tense that expresses actions or states at the time of speaking
- something presented as a gift;
"his tie was a present from his wife"
- the period of time that is happening now;
any continuous stretch of time including the moment of speech;
"that is enough for the present";
"he lives in the present with no thought of tomorrow"
- Verb Examples
- bring forward and present to the mind;
"We presented the arguments to him";
"We cannot represent this knowledge to our formal reason"
- recognize with a gesture prescribed by a miltary regulation;
assume a prescribed position;
"When the officers show up, the soldiers have to salute"
- cause to come to know personally;
"permit me to acquaint you with my son";
"introduce the new neighbors to the community"
- formally present a debutante, a representative of a country, etc.
- deliver (a speech, oration, or idea);
"The commencement speaker presented a forceful speech that impressed the students"
- present somebody with something, usually to accuse or criticize;
"We confronted him with the evidence";
"He was faced with all the evidence and could no longer deny his actions";
"An enormous dilemma faces us"
- represent in a painting, drawing, sculpture, or verbally;
"The father is portrayed as a good-looking man in this painting"
- perform (a play), especially on a stage;
"we are going to stage `Othello'"
- show or demonstrate something to an interested audience;
"She shows her dogs frequently";
"We will demo the new software in Washington"
- give as a present;
make a gift of;
"What will you give her for her birthday?"
- give, especially as a reward;
"bestow honors and prizes at graduation"
- hand over formally
"This poses an interesting question"
- Article Examples
- spatial sense;
being or existing in a specified place;
"the murderer is present in this room";
"present at the wedding";
"present at the creation"
|Abduce||advance evidence for|
|Accessible||capable of being reached|
"a town accessible by rail"
|Accommodate||make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose|
"Adapt our native cuisine to the available food resources of the new country"
"Please acquaint your colleagues of your plans to move"
|Acquire||come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)|
"He grew a beard"
"The patient developed abdominal pains"
|Actual||presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible|
"the predicted temperature and the actual temperature were markedly different"
"actual and imagined conditions"
|Adapt||adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions|
"We must adjust to the bad economic situation"
|Adduce||advance evidence for|
View all cognitive synonyms for Present
|Serpent||limbless scaly elongate reptile|
some are venomous
|Present||a verb tense that expresses actions or states at the time of speaking|
View English words with the unique letters used in present. Words With The Letters Enprst
|Tense||a grammatical category of verbs used to express distinctions of time|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Pretense (8 letters)||10 +1||12 +1||pretense|
|Serpentes (9 letters)||11 +2||13 +2||eeenprsst|
|Serpent (7 letters)||9||11||present|
|Pastern (7 letters)||9||11||pastern|
|Transept (8 letters)||10 +1||12 +1||transept|
|Pertness (8 letters)||10 +1||12 +1||presents|
|Present (7 letters)||9||11||present|
|Peasantry (9 letters)||14 +5||15 +4||peasantry|
|Pesantran (9 letters)||11 +2||14 +3||pesantran|
|Pesantren (9 letters)||11 +2||14 +3||aeennprst|
|Presenter (9 letters)||11 +2||13 +2||represent|
|Punster (7 letters)||9||12 +1||prunest|
|Represent (9 letters)||11 +2||13 +2||represent|
|Presented (9 letters)||12 +3||14 +3||presented|
|Besprent (8 letters)||12 +3||15 +4||besprent|
|Apartness (9 letters)||11 +2||13 +2||apartness|
|Pre Teens (9 letters)|
|Presents (8 letters)||10 +1||12 +1||presents|
|Septenary (9 letters)||14 +5||15 +4||aeenprsty|
Present Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With P
- Ends With T
- Spelled With / Contains Letters