- Types Of Speech
- You can use pretty as a adverb or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Pretty
- A 2 syllables adverb and 6 letters with the letters e, p, r, t, and y, 5 consonants, 1 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letters et. Pretty starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters p, pr, pre, pret, prett, and the ending characters are y, ty, tty, etty, retty, . Pretty is also a double consonant (tt) word. View the double consonant words list.
- Pleasing by delicacy or grace; not imposing; "pretty girl"; "pretty song"; "pretty room"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Pretty is set as a kindergarten word that starts with p, ends with y, 2 syllables, 1 vowels and 6 letters.
- Is pretty a scrabble word? A 11 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Pretty in Pig Latin is said as "ettypray or ettyprway".
- p | r | e | t | t | y
- pr | re | et | tt | ty
- pre | ret | ett | tty
- pret | rett | etty
- Word Gram
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- pleasing by delicacy or grace;
- (used ironically) unexpectedly bad;
"a pretty mess";
"a pretty kettle of fish"
- Adverb Examples
- used as an intensifier (`jolly' is used informally in Britain);
"jolly decent of him"
|About||(of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct|
"lasted approximately an hour"
"in just about a minute"
"he''s about 30 years old"
"I''ve had about all I can stand"
"we meet about once a month"
"some forty people came"
"weighs around a hundre
|Acceptably||in an acceptable (but not outstanding) manner|
"she plays tennis tolerably"
|Adequately||in an adequate manner|
|Adroit||quick or skillful or adept in action or thought|
"an exceptionally adroit pianist"
"an adroit technician"
"his adroit replies to hecklers won him many followers"
"an adroit negotiator"
|Aesthetic||(philosophy) a philosophical theory as to what is beautiful|
"he despised the esthetic of minimalism"
|Almighty||terms referring to the Judeo-Christian God|
|Amercement||money extracted as a penalty|
|Appealing||able to attract interest or draw favorable attention|
"He added an appealing and memorable figure to popular American mythology"- Vincent Starrett
"an appealing sense of humor"
"the idea of having enough money to retire at fifty is very appealing"
View all cognitive synonyms for Pretty
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Pay Rate (8 letters)|
|Decrypt (7 letters)||15 +4||16 +5||decrypt|
Pretty Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With P
- Ends With Y
- Spelled With / Contains Letters