- Types Of Speech
- You can use soft as a article, adverb or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Soft
- A 1 syllables article and 4 letters with the letters f, o, s, and t, 3 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters of. Soft starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters s, so, sof, and the ending characters are t, ft, oft, ..
- Not burdensome or demanding; borne or done easily and without hardship; "what a cushy job!"; "a soft job"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Soft is set as a kindergarten word that starts with s, ends with t, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is soft a scrabble word? A 7 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Soft in Pig Latin is said as "oftsay or oftsway".
- s | o | f | t
- so | of | ft
- sof | oft
- Word Gram
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- not burdensome or demanding;
borne or done easily and without hardship;
"what a cushy job!";
"a soft job"
- having little impact;
"an easy pat on the shoulder";
"a gentle breeze";
"a soft (or light) tapping at the window"
- tolerant or lenient;
"indulgent parents risk spoiling their children";
"procedures are lax and discipline is weak";
"too soft on the children"
- easily hurt;
"a baby's delicate skin"
- Article Examples
- lacking in hardness relatively or comparatively
- metaphorically soft;
"my father is a soft touch";
"a soft rain";
"a soft Southern drawl";
"soft brown eyes";
"a soft glance"
- of speech sounds;
characterized by a hissing or hushing sound (as `s' and `sh')
- used of beverages;
not containing alcohol;
- of sound;
relatively low in volume;
- used chiefly as a direction or description in music;
"the piano passages in the composition"
- Adverb Examples
- in a relaxed manner;
or without hardship;
"just wanted to take it easy" (`soft' is nonstandard)
|Abaxial||facing away from the axis of an organ or organism|
"the abaxial surface of a leaf is the underside or side facing away from the stem"
|Accented||used of syllables or musical beats|
|Accepting||tolerating without protest|
"always more accepting of coaching suggestion than her teammates"
"the atmosphere was judged to be more supporting and accepting"
|Adoring||extravagantly or foolishly loving and indulgent|
"deceiving her preoccupied and doting husband with a young captain"
"hopelessly spoiled by a fond mother"
|Affectionate||having or displaying warmth or affection|
"a fond embrace"
"fond of his nephew"
"a tender glance"
"a warm embrace"
|Afraid||filled with regret or concern|
used often to soften an unpleasant statement
"I''m afraid I won''t be able to come"
"he was afraid he would have to let her go"
"I''m afraid you''re wrong"
|Alveolar||a consonant articulated with the tip of the tongue near the gum ridge|
View all cognitive synonyms for Soft
|FOTS||a communication system using fiber optic cables|
|Soft||not burdensome or demanding|
borne or done easily and without hardship
"what a cushy job!"
"a soft job"
View English words with the unique letters used in soft. Words With The Letters Fost
|Easy||plentiful and therefore at low interest rates;|
easy to come by;
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Foetus (6 letters)||9 +2||10 +3||foetus|
|FOTS (4 letters)||7||7||soft|
|Setoff (6 letters)||12 +5||12 +5||effost|
|Offset (6 letters)||12 +5||12 +5||effost|
|Fatso (5 letters)||8 +1||8 +1||fatso|
|Softy (5 letters)||11 +4||10 +3||softy|
|Soft (4 letters)||7||7||soft|
|Foots (5 letters)||8 +1||8 +1||foots|
Soft Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With S
- Ends With T
- Spelled With / Contains Letters