- Types Of Speech
- You can use state as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About State
- A 1 syllables noun and 5 letters with the letters a, e, s, and t, 3 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter a. State starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters s, st, sta, stat, and the ending characters are e, te, ate, tate, ..
- The way something is with respect to its main attributes; "the current state of knowledge"; "his state of health"; "in a weak financial state"
- School Grade
- State is set as a grade four word that starts with s, ends with e, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is state a scrabble word? A 5 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- State in Pig Latin is said as "atestay or atestway".
- s | t | a | t | e
- st | ta | at | te
- sta | tat | ate
- stat | tate
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the way something is with respect to its main attributes;
"the current state of knowledge";
"his state of health";
"in a weak financial state"
- the federal department in the UnitedStates that sets and maintains foreign policies;
"the Department of state was created in 1789"
- a politically organized body of people under a single government;
"the state has elected a new president";
"students who had come to the nation's capitol";
"the country's largest manufacturer";
"an industrialized land"
- the group of people comprising the government of a sovereign state;
"the state has lowered its income tax"
- the territory occupied by a nation;
"he returned to the land of his birth";
"he visited several European countries"
- the territory occupied by one of the constituent administrative districts of a nation;
"his state is in the deep south"
- a state of depression or agitation;
"he was in such a state you just couldn't reason with him"
- (chemistry) the three traditional states of matter are solids (fixed shape and volume) and liquids (fixed volume and shaped by the container) and gases (filling the container);
"the solid state of water is called ice"
- Verb Examples
- put before;
"I submit to you that the accused is guilty"
- express in words;
"He said that he wanted to marry her";
"tell me what is bothering you";
"state your opinion";
"state your name"
- indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.;
"Can you express this distance in kilometers?"
|Advise||give advice to|
"The teacher counsels troubled students"
"The lawyer counselled me when I was accused of tax fraud"
|Affirm||establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts|
"his story confirmed my doubts"
"The evidence supports the defendant"
|Air||travel via aircraft|
"air travel involves too much waiting in airports"
"if you''ve time to spare go by air"
|Allege||report or maintain|
"He alleged that he was the victim of a crime"
"He said it was too late to intervene in the war"
"The registrar says that I owe the school money"
|Ally||a friendly nation|
|Announce||announce publicly or officially|
"The President declared war"
|Annunciate||foreshadow or presage|
|Apprise||increase the value of|
"The Germans want to appreciate the Deutsche Mark"
View all cognitive synonyms for State
|State||the way something is with respect to its main attributes|
"the current state of knowledge"
"his state of health"
"in a weak financial state"
|Taste||a kind of sensing|
distinguishing substances by means of the taste buds
"a wine tasting"
|Testa||protective outer layer of seeds of flowering plants|
View English words with the unique letters used in state. Words With The Letters Aest
|Action||something done (usually as opposed to something said);|
"there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions"
|Activeness||the trait of being active;|
moving or acting rapidly and energetically;
"the level of activity declines with age"
|Activity||any specific activity;|
"they avoided all recreational activity"
|Agency||how a result is obtained or an end is achieved;|
"a means of control";
"an example is the best agency of instruction";
"the true way to success"
|Annulment||the act of abrogating;|
an official or legal cancellation
|Antagonism||(biochemistry) interference in or inhibition of the physiological action of a chemical substance by another having a similar structure|
|Being||a living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independently|
|Beingness||the state or fact of existing;|
"a point of view gradually coming into being";
"laws in existence for centuries"
|Cleavage||the act of cleaving or splitting|
View All Hyponyms For State
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|State (5 letters)||5||5||state|
|Tease (5 letters)||5||5||aeest|
|Sweat (5 letters)||8 +3||8 +3||watse|
|Waste (5 letters)||8 +3||8 +3||watse|
|Taste (5 letters)||5||5||state|
|Seta (4 letters)||4||4||east|
|Stave (5 letters)||8 +3||9 +4||vesta|
|Saw Set (7 letters)|
|Seat (4 letters)||4||4||east|
|Seats (5 letters)||5||5||seats|
|Statue (6 letters)||6 +1||7 +2||statue|
|Sweats (6 letters)||9 +4||9 +4||sweats|
|Tawse (5 letters)||8 +3||8 +3||watse|
|Tea Set (7 letters)|
|Asset (5 letters)||5||5||seats|
|Avesta (6 letters)||9 +4||10 +5||aaestv|
|Statute (7 letters)||7 +2||8 +3||statute|
|Eats (4 letters)||4||4||east|
|Estate (6 letters)||6 +1||6 +1||estate|
|East (4 letters)||4||4||east|
|Texas (5 letters)||12 +7||12 +7||texas|
|Vesta (5 letters)||8 +3||9 +4||vesta|
|Testate (7 letters)||7 +2||7 +2||testate|
|Yeats (5 letters)||8 +3||7 +2||yeast|
|Testa (5 letters)||5||5||state|
State Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With S
- Ends With E
- Spelled With / Contains Letters