- Types Of Speech
- You can use understand as a verb in a sentence.
- About Understand
- A 3 syllables verb and 10 letters with the letters a, d, e, n, r, s, t, and u, 7 consonants, 3 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letters rs. Understand starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters u, un, und, unde, under, and the ending characters are d, nd, and, tand, stand, ..
- Perceive (an idea or situation) mentally; "Now I see!"; "I just can''t see your point"; "Does she realize how important this decision is?"; "I don''t understand the idea"
- Middle English
- Compound Words
- A compound word, understand has more than one word within it. There's 2 words which are under, and stand.
- Pig Latin
- Understand in Pig Latin is said as "understanday or understandway".
- u | n | d | e | r | s | t | a | n | d
- un | nd | de | er | rs | st | ta | an | nd
- und | nde | der | ers | rst | sta | tan | and
- unde | nder | ders | erst | rsta | stan | tand
- Word Gram
- Verb Examples
- perceive (an idea or situation) mentally;
"Now I see!";
"I just can't see your point";
"Does she realize how important this decision is?";
"I don't understand the idea"
- believe to be the case;
"I understand you have no previous experience?"
- make sense of a language;
"She understands French";
"Can you read Greek?"
- be understanding of;
"You don't need to explain--I understand!"
- know and comprehend the nature or meaning of;
"She did not understand her husband";
"I understand what she means"
|Absorb||cause to become one with|
"The sales tax is absorbed into the state income tax"
|Accomplish||put in effect|
"carry out a task"
"execute the decision of the people"
"He actioned the operation"
|Achieve||to gain with effort|
"she achieved her goal despite setbacks"
|Acknowledge||accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority|
"The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"
"We do not recognize your gods"
|Acquire||come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)|
"He grew a beard"
"The patient developed abdominal pains"
|Act||something that people do or cause to happen|
|Action||something done (usually as opposed to something said)|
"there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions"
|Actualise||represent or describe realistically|
|Actualize||represent or describe realistically|
View all cognitive synonyms for Understand
|Apprehension||the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal)|
"the policeman on the beat got credit for the collar"
|Discernment||the trait of judging wisely and objectively|
"a man of discernment"
|Realisation||something that is made real or concrete|
"the victory was the realization of a whole year''s work"
|Realization||making real or giving the appearance of reality|
|Recognition||designation by the chair granting a person the right to speak in a deliberative body|
"he was unable to make his motion because he couldn''t get recognition by the chairman"
|Savvy||the cognitive condition of someone who understands|
"he has virtually no understanding of social cause and effect"
|Understanding||the statement (oral or written) of an exchange of promises|
"they had an agreement that they would not interfere in each other''s business"
"there was an understanding between management and the workers"
Understand Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With U
- Ends With D
- Spelled With / Contains Letters