- Types Of Speech
- You can use very as a adverb in a sentence.
- About Very
- A 2 syllables adverb and 4 letters with the letters e, r, v, and y, 3 consonants, 1 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letters er. Very starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters v, ve, ver, and the ending characters are y, ry, ery, ..
- Used as intensifiers; `real'' is sometimes used informally for `really''; `rattling'' is informal; "she was very gifted"; "he played very well"; "a really enjoyable evening"; "I''m real sorry about it"; "a rattling good yarn"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Very is set as a kindergarten word that starts with v, ends with y, 2 syllables, 1 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is very a scrabble word? A 10 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Very in Pig Latin is said as "eryvay or eryvway".
- v | e | r | y
- ve | er | ry
- ver | ery
- Word Gram
- Adverb Examples
- used as intensifiers;
`real' is sometimes used informally for `really';
`rattling' is informal;
"she was very gifted";
"he played very well";
"a really enjoyable evening";
"I'm real sorry about it";
"a rattling good yarn"
- precisely so;
"on the very next page";
"he expected the very opposite"
|About||(of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct|
"lasted approximately an hour"
"in just about a minute"
"he''s about 30 years old"
"I''ve had about all I can stand"
"we meet about once a month"
"some forty people came"
"weighs around a hundre
|Aboveboard||without concealment or deception|
"their business was open and aboveboard"
"straightforward in all his business affairs"
|Absolutely||totally and definitely|
"we are absolutely opposed to the idea"
"he forced himself to lie absolutely still"
"iron is absolutely necessary"
|Accurate||conforming exactly or almost exactly to fact or to a standard or performing with total accuracy|
"an accurate reproduction"
"the accounting was accurate"
"an accurate scale"
|Actual||presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible|
"the predicted temperature and the actual temperature were markedly different"
"actual and imagined conditions"
|Actually||used to imply that one would expect the fact to be the opposite of that stated|
"you may actually be doing the right thing by walking out"
"she actually spoke Latin"
"they thought they made the rules but in reality they were only puppets"
|Acutely||having a rapid onset|
"an acutely debilitating virus"
|All||completely given to or absorbed by|
"became all attention"
View all cognitive synonyms for Very
|Very||used as intensifiers|
`real'' is sometimes used informally for `really''
`rattling'' is informal
"she was very gifted"
"he played very well"
"a really enjoyable evening"
"I''m real sorry about it"
"a rattling good yarn"
View English words with the unique letters used in very. Words With The Letters Ervy
View All Names For Very
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Veery (5 letters)||11 +1||11 +1||every|
|Revery (6 letters)||12 +2||12 +2||revery|
|Very (4 letters)||10||10||very|
|Every (5 letters)||11 +1||11 +1||every|
|Ervy (4 letters)||10||10||very|
Very Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With V
- Ends With Y
- Spelled With / Contains Letters