- Old French
- Type Of Speech
- You can use real as a article, noun, adverb or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- School Grade
- Real is set as a grade three word that starts with r, ends with l, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 4 letters.
- Word Information
- A 1 syllables article with the letters a, e, l and r, 2 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables. The starting characters are r, re, rea, and ending characters are l, al, eal, with 4 letters..
- Noun Examples
- an old small silver Spanish coin
- any rational or irrational number
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- possible to be treated as fact;
"his brief time as Prime Minister brought few real benefits to the poor"
- not synthetic or spurious;
of real or natural origin;
- founded on practical matters;
"a recent graduate experiencing the real world for the first time"
- coinciding with reality;
"perceptual error...has a surprising resemblance to veridical perception"- F.A.Olafson
- not to be taken lightly;
"statistics demonstrate that poverty and unemployment are very real problems";
"to the man sleeping regularly in doorways homelessness is real"
- (of property) fixed or immovable;
"real property consists of land and buildings;
- being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something;
"her actual motive";
"a literal solitude like a desert"- G.K.Chesterton;
"a genuine dilemma"
- Article Examples
- having substance or capable of being treated as fact;
"the substantial world";
"a mere dream, neither substantial nor practical";
"most ponderous and substantial things"- Shakespeare
- being or occurring in fact or actuality;
having verified existence;
"a film based on real life";
"a real illness";
"Life is real! Life is earnest!"- Longfellow
- being value measured in terms of purchasing power;
- Adverb Examples
- used as intensifiers;
`real' is sometimes used informally for `really';
`rattling' is informal;
"she was very gifted";
"he played very well";
"a really enjoyable evening";
"I'm real sorry about it";
"a rattling good yarn"
|Absolute||something that is conceived to be absolute|
something that does not depends on anything else and is beyond human control
"no mortal being can influence the absolute"
|Actual||presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible|
"the predicted temperature and the actual temperature were markedly different"
"actual and imagined conditions"
|Admitting No Question|
|Algorithmic||of or relating to or having the characteristics of an algorithm|
|Aliquot||an integer that is an exact divisor of some quantity|
"4 is an aliquot part of 12"
|Almighty||terms referring to the Judeo-Christian God|
View all cognitive synonyms for Real
|Rale||a rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders)|
"the death rattle"
|Lear||the hero of William Shakespeare''s tragedy who was betrayed and mistreated by two of his scheming daughters|
|Earl||a British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount|
|Real||an old small silver Spanish coin|
View English words with the unique letters used in real. Words With The Letters Aelr
|Coin||a metal piece (usually a disc) used as money|
View All Names For Real
Real Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With R
- Ends With L
- Spelled With / Contains Letters
Found In These Quantum Lists!
Word Finder Social Comments.
You guys and gals are all awesome. Please read the about page to learn who I am, and how this word finding tool works behind the scenes. This is a free word website, made by one dude. If you are not happy with this free website, I ask that you please send feedback or comment your thoughts below. Your constructive and kind criticism is appreciated.
Thank you for visting. I will be adding a comments tool for all writers, authors and members to interact and associate yourselves with words!
All comments will be moderated by authorized editors.