- Types Of Speech
- You can use serious as a article or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Serious
- A 3 syllables article and 7 letters with the letters e, i, o, r, s, and u, 3 consonants, 4 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letter i. Serious starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters s, se, ser, seri, serio, and the ending characters are s, us, ous, ious, rious, ..
- Causing fear or anxiety by threatening great harm; "a dangerous operation"; "a grave situation"; "a grave illness"; "grievous bodily harm"; "a serious wound"; "a serious turn of events"; "a severe case of pneumonia"; "a life-threatening disease"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Serious is set as a grade five word that starts with s, ends with s, 3 syllables, 4 vowels and 7 letters.
- Is serious a scrabble word? A 7 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Serious in Pig Latin is said as "erioussay or erioussway".
- s | e | r | i | o | u | s
- se | er | ri | io | ou | us
- ser | eri | rio | iou | ous
- seri | erio | riou | ious
- Word Gram
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- causing fear or anxiety by threatening great harm;
"a dangerous operation";
"a grave situation";
"a grave illness";
"grievous bodily harm";
"a serious wound";
"a serious turn of events";
"a severe case of pneumonia";
"a life-threatening disease"
- requiring effort or concentration;
complex and not easy to answer or solve;
"raised serious objections to the proposal";
"the plan has a serious flaw"
- of great consequence;
"marriage is a serious matter"
- appealing to the mind;
"a serious book"
- Article Examples
- concerned with work or important matters rather than play or trivialities;
"a serious student of history";
"a serious attempt to learn to ski";
"gave me a serious look";
"a serious young man";
"are you serious or joking?";
"Don't be so serious!"
- completely lacking in playfulness
|Abandoned||left desolate or empty|
"an abandoned child"
"their deserted wives and children"
"an abandoned shack"
|Abominable||exceptionally bad or displeasing|
"an awful voice"
"a painful performance"
"an unspeakable odor came sweeping into the room"
|Aboriginal||a dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived|
|About||(of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct|
"lasted approximately an hour"
"in just about a minute"
"he''s about 30 years old"
"I''ve had about all I can stand"
"we meet about once a month"
"some forty people came"
"weighs around a hundre
|Abrasive||a substance that abrades or wears down|
|Abrupt||surprisingly and unceremoniously brusque in manner|
"an abrupt reply"
|Absolute||something that is conceived to be absolute|
something that does not depends on anything else and is beyond human control
"no mortal being can influence the absolute"
|Absolutist||one who advocates absolutism|
|Absolutistic||pertaining to the principle of totalitarianism|
|Abstainer||a person who refrains from drinking intoxicating beverages|
View all cognitive synonyms for Serious
|Serious||causing fear or anxiety by threatening great harm|
"a dangerous operation"
"a grave situation"
"a grave illness"
"grievous bodily harm"
"a serious wound"
"a serious turn of events"
"a severe case of pneumonia"
"a life-threatening disease"
View English words with the unique letters used in serious. Words With The Letters Eiorsu
|Critical||marked by a tendency to find and call attention to errors and flaws;|
"a critical attitude"
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Reovirus (8 letters)||11 +4||13 +5||reovirus|
|Discourse (9 letters)||12 +5||14 +6||discourse|
|Odourise (8 letters)||9 +2||10 +2||odourise|
|Veracious (9 letters)||14 +7||17 +9||veracious|
|Sericeous (9 letters)||11 +4||13 +5||sericeous|
|Serious (7 letters)||7||8||serious|
|Desirous (8 letters)||9 +2||10 +2||desirous|
|Sudoresis (9 letters)||10 +3||11 +3||sudoresis|
|Rubricose (9 letters)||13 +6||16 +8||rubricose|
Serious Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With S
- Ends With S
- Spelled With / Contains Letters