- Types Of Speech
- You can use good as a article, noun, adverb or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Good
- A 1 syllables article and 4 letters with the letters d, g, and o, 2 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters oo. Good starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters g, go, goo, and the ending characters are d, od, ood, . Good is also a double vowel (oo) word. View the double vowel words list.
- Moral excellence or admirableness; "there is much good to be found in people"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Good is set as a kindergarten word that starts with g, ends with d, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is good a scrabble word? A 6 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Good in Pig Latin is said as "oodgay or oodgway".
- g | o | o | d
- go | oo | od
- goo | ood
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- moral excellence or admirableness;
"there is much good to be found in people"
- that which is good or valuable or useful;
"weigh the good against the bad";
"among the highest goods of all are happiness and self-realization"
"for your own good";
"what's the good of worrying?"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- promoting or enhancing well-being;
"an arms limitation agreement beneficial to all countries";
"the beneficial effects of a temperate climate";
"the experience was good for her"
- having the normally expected amount;
"gives full measure";
"gives good measure";
"a good mile from here"
- with or in a close or intimate relationship;
"a good friend";
"my sisters and brothers are near and dear"
"had a good workout";
"gave the house a good cleaning"
- generally admired;
- exerting force or influence;
"the law is effective immediately";
"a warranty good for two years";
"the law is already in effect (or in force)"
- resulting favorably;
"its a good thing that I wasn't there";
"it is good that you stayed";
"it is well that no one saw you";
"all's well that ends well"
- not left to spoil;
"the meat is still good"
- not forged;
"a good dollar bill"
- tending to promote physical well-being;
beneficial to health;
"beneficial effects of a balanced diet";
"a good night's sleep";
"the salutary influence of pure air"
- in excellent physical condition;
"I still have one good leg";
"a sound mind in a sound body"
- appealing to the mind;
"a serious book"
- agreeable or pleasing;
"we all had a good time";
- most suitable or right for a particular purpose;
"a good time to plant tomatoes";
"the right time to act";
"the time is ripe for great sociological changes"
- capable of pleasing;
- deserving of esteem and respect;
"all respectable companies give guarantees";
"ruined the family's good name"
- of moral excellence;
"a genuinely good person";
"a just cause";
"an upright and respectable man";
"the life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous"- Frederick Douglass
- having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude;
"adept in handicrafts";
"an adept juggler";
"an expert job";
"a good mechanic";
"a practiced marksman";
"a proficient engineer";
"a lesser-known but no less skillful composer";
"the effect was achieved b
- financially sound;
"a good investment";
"a secure investment"
- superior to the average;
"in fine spirits";
"a fine student";
"made good grades";
"morale was good";
"had good weather for the parade"
- Article Examples
- having or showing or arising from a desire to promote the welfare or happiness of others;
"his benevolent smile";
"a benevolent nature"
- having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing specified;
"good news from the hospital";
"a good report card";
"when she was good she was very very good";
"a good knife is one good for cutting";
"this stump will make a good p
- morally admirable
- Adverb Examples
- (often used as a combining form) in a good or proper or satisfactory manner or to a high standard (`good' is a nonstandard dialectal variant for `well');
"the children behaved well";
"a task well done";
"the party went well";
"he slept well";
- in a complete and thorough manner (`good' is sometimes used informally for `thoroughly');
"he was soundly defeated";
"we beat him good"
|Able To Pay|
|Absolutely||totally and definitely|
"we are absolutely opposed to the idea"
"he forced himself to lie absolutely still"
"iron is absolutely necessary"
|Acceptable||worthy of acceptance or satisfactory|
"acceptable levels of radiation"
"performances varied from acceptable to excellent"
|Accomplished||successfully completed or brought to an end|
"his mission accomplished he took a vacation"
"the completed project"
"the joy of a realized ambition overcame him"
|According To Hoyle|
|Ace||a serve that the receiver is unable to reach|
|Actual||presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible|
"the predicted temperature and the actual temperature were markedly different"
"actual and imagined conditions"
|Adept||someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field|
|Adequate||(sometimes followed by `to'') meeting the requirements especially of a task|
"she had adequate training"
"her training was adequate"
"she was adequate to the job"
View all cognitive synonyms for Good
|Evil||morally objectionable behavior|
|Evilness||the quality of being morally wrong in principle or practice|
"attempts to explain the origin of evil in the world"
|Good||moral excellence or admirableness|
"there is much good to be found in people"
View English words with the unique letters used in good. Words With The Letters Dgo
|Morality||concern with the distinction between good and evil or right and wrong|
right or good conduct
|Beneficence||the quality of being kind or helpful or generous|
|Benignancy||the quality of being kind and gentle|
|Benignity||a kind act|
|Graciousness||the quality of being kind and gentle|
|Kindness||a kind act|
|Saintliness||the quality of resembling a saint|
|Virtue||the quality of doing what is right and avoiding what is wrong|
|Virtuousness||the quality of doing what is right and avoiding what is wrong|
View All Names For Good
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Dog (3 letters)||5||6||dog|
|Doggy (5 letters)||11 +5||12 +5||doggy|
|Coydog (6 letters)||13 +7||14 +7||coydog|
|Dogy (4 letters)||9 +3||9 +2||dogy|
|Dugout (6 letters)||8 +2||11 +4||dgotuu|
|Goods (5 letters)||7 +1||8 +1||goods|
|Gourd (5 letters)||7 +1||9 +2||gourd|
|God (3 letters)||5||6||dog|
|Pagoda (6 letters)||10 +4||12 +5||pagoda|
|Goad (4 letters)||6||7||dago|
|Good (4 letters)||6||7||good|
|Goodby (6 letters)||13 +7||14 +7||goodby|
|Goody (5 letters)||10 +4||10 +3||goody|
|Gouda (5 letters)||7 +1||9 +2||gouda|
|Dog Do (6 letters)|
|Dago (4 letters)||6||7||dago|
|Godard (6 letters)||9 +3||10 +3||godard|
|Ogdoad (6 letters)||9 +3||10 +3||ogdoad|
|Go Bad (6 letters)|
|Dodgy (5 letters)||11 +5||11 +4||dodgy|
|Stodgy (6 letters)||11 +5||11 +4||sygtod|
|Podgy (5 letters)||12 +6||13 +6||podgy|
|Doggo (5 letters)||8 +2||10 +3||doggo|
|Oxgoad (6 letters)||15 +9||16 +9||oxgoad|
|Dagoba (6 letters)||10 +4||12 +5||dagoba|
Good Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With G
- Ends With D
- Spelled With / Contains Letters