- Types Of Speech
- You can use war as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About War
- A 1 syllables noun and 3 letters with the letters a, r, and w, 2 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter a. War starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters w, wa, and the ending characters are r, ar, ..
- A concerted campaign to end something that is injurious; "the war on poverty"; "the war against crime"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- War is set as a grade two word that starts with w, ends with r, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 3 letters.
- Is war a scrabble word? A 6 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- War in Pig Latin is said as "arway or arwway".
- w | a | r
- wa | ar
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a concerted campaign to end something that is injurious;
"the war on poverty";
"the war against crime"
- the waging of armed conflict against an enemy;
"thousands of people were killed in the war"
- an active struggle between competing entities;
"a price war";
"a war of wits";
- a legal state created by a declaration of war and ended by official declaration during which the international rules of war apply;
"war was declared in November but actual fighting did not begin until the following spring"
- Verb Examples
- make or wage war
|Acquire||come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)|
"He grew a beard"
"The patient developed abdominal pains"
|Adopt||take into one''s family|
"They adopted two children from Nicaragua"
|Affray||a noisy fight|
|Aggressiveness||a disposition to fight|
|All Out War|
|American Revolutionary War|
|American War Of Independence|
|Appeal To Arms|
View all cognitive synonyms for War
|War||a concerted campaign to end something that is injurious|
"the war on poverty"
"the war against crime"
|Raw||informal terms for nakedness|
"in the raw"
"in the altogether"
"in his birthday suit"
View English words with the unique letters used in war. Words With The Letters Arw
|Campaign||an overland journey by hunters (especially in Africa)|
|Cause||any entity that causes events to happen|
|Crusade||a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end|
"he supported populist campaigns"
"they worked in the cause of world peace"
"the team was ready for a drive toward the pennant"
"the movement to end slavery"
|Drive||the act of applying force to propel something|
"after reaching the desired velocity the drive is cut off"
|Effort||a notable achievement|
"he performed a great deed"
"the book was her finest effort"
|Movement||the act of changing location from one place to another|
"police controlled the motion of the crowd"
"the movement of people from the farms to the cities"
"his move put him directly in my path"
View All Names For War
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|War (3 letters)||6||6||war|
|Raw (3 letters)||6||6||war|
|Wary (4 letters)||10 +4||9 +3||awry|
|Awry (4 letters)||10 +4||9 +3||awry|
|A War (5 letters)|
War Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With W
- Ends With R
- Spelled With / Contains Letters